Part 2.5

*8 weeks earlier*

Having time off from touring meant Taylor had plenty of time to get back to her hobbies and relax with her friends.

After having their 12 week scan a couple weeks back, Taylor had found herself sewing again. She had always liked to make little blankets for her friend's babies, and now she was starting one for her own.

Getting lost in the blanket, Taylor had lost track of time, quickly realising she was supposed to be meeting one of her closest friends, Gracie, for dinner in only 30 minutes.

Taylor jumps up and quickly pulls on an outfit, one that hides any sort of bump starting to grow. She scrapes her hair up and tops up her makeup before leaving.

—————————————

Taylor and Gracie sit across from each other in the corner of their favourite restaurant, tucked away out of view from the rest of the world, chatting away.

Since they'd both been so busy, they hadn't seen each other in a while and had a lot of catching up to do.

Taylor had been back and forth in her mind about whether she should tell people that she was pregnant. Sometimes slips happen and information gets out before it's meant to. It had been a battle in her mind all day, but she trusted Gracie enough to tell her.

The look Gracie had given Taylor when she did not order an alcoholic drink meant Taylor knew she was going to have to do it sooner rather than later.

Once Gracie had come to the end of her conversation about a new secret project she had going on, Taylor decided now was the right time.

"I'm very excited for you!" Taylor smiles, "Speaking of secret projects... I have one to tell you about to but it really is very top secret"

Gracie's interest in peaked, eyebrows raised as she waits for Taylor to continue.

Taylor clears her throat and smiles, "I'm pregnant"

Gracie almost chokes on her wine, in no way expecting those words to have come out of her mouth, "Are you serious?!"

Taylor giggles and nods her head, reaching into her purse to pull out the scan photo. She slides it across the table, Gracie picking it up and staring in shock before her hands drop back down to the table and her eyes flick back up to meet Taylor's.

"Oh, Tay!" Gracie says softly, grabbing her friend's hands, "I'm so beyond happy for you!"

Taylor smiles and squeezes Gracie's hands, "How far along are you?"

"14 weeks" Taylor grins, "It still feels a bit like I'm living in a dream"

Gracie squeals, "Oh I can't believe it, I'm so excited for you guys!"

"How did Travis take it? How are you feeling?!" Taylor laughs, "Oh you know Trav, supportive and excitable. He's over the moon. I was terrified at first, to be honest, but I'm excited now, I didn't realise how much I wanted this until now"

"What are you doing about the final leg of the tour?" Gracie asks, curious, knowing her friend has the most incredible work ethic.

"There's still some details to figure out but I'm finishing it as planned, just, pregnant" Taylor laughs, "Bump is already growing so we're adjusting the outfits but everything will stay the same. We're not announcing the pregnancy until that first show back, I have a whole plan, it's going to be great"

"Oh I am glad I'll be there for that then!" Gracie laughs and then pouts, "Oh Tay, I'm just so happy for you"

The friends continue their dinner, catching each other up on everything that has been happening.

The night was over and they were standing up from their table to leave, but not before Taylor gave Gracie a little bump flash with a grin on her face. Gracie did a few little excited jumps and pulled Taylor in for a hug.

Taylor knew she had made the right decision.

——————————

I don't know what this is but I love TayGracie so wanted to slide this moment into the story as a quick one.