4

When I saw you - Bumkey

Haerin hears a knock on her door. She was just simply reading a book, laying down on her couch so she kinda got annoyed by the sudden unwanted knock on her door which just interrupted her peace. She gets up from the couch and walks towards the door to see who it is from the peephole. But instead of staying annoyed, a small smile appears on her lips. She moves away from the peephole and opens the door to see the girl standing in front of her with a big smile on her face.

“Danielle, it's been a while” Haerin makes a sound of joy.

“Haerinnnnnnn” The person named Danielle hugs Haerin tightly.

“I haven’t seen you in a long time” Haerin says.

“Sorryyyy I have been busy with my final exam. But now I am finally free” Danielle replies while letting go of Haerin from her hug.

“Why are you still standing outside, come in” Haerin holds Danielle’s hand and takes her inside.

“Ahhh it’s been a while since I have been to your house” Danielle throws herself on Haerin’s couch.

“What can I do if you hate to visit me” Haerin takes the smaller couch which is beside the big couch where Danielle is lying down.

“Hey that’s not true” Danielle protests which makes Haerin giggle.

Danielle gets up and goes to the fridge to grab a bottle of soda.

“Dang you don't have much in your fridge” Danielle says while grabbing a soda can.

“It’s been so hot outside that's why I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store and also I felt lazy” Haerin yawns.

“Damn I wonder how you are still surviving here alone without your family” Danielle giggles and opens the soda can.

“I can survive well, don't worry. In fact I love living alone. It has always been my dream to just live alone peacefully without any destruction” Haerin replies.

“Still don’t you even feel a little bit lonely sometimes” Danielle says and takes a sip from her soda.

“Not really. Maybe it’s a good side of being an introvert” Haering laughs which makes Danielle laugh too.

“But I don’t think I will be able to live quietly and peacefully any longer though” Haerin says.

“Why” Danielle asks while sitting on the couch.

“My new neighbor, I think she is going to be the new character in my life from now on” Haerin replies.

“New character? Are you guys friends now or something” Danielle raises her brow.

In response, Haerin just nods with a small hum.

“WOW OUR INTROVERTED HAERIN FINALLY MADE A NEW FRIEND OTHER THAN ME” Danielle gets hyper and gets up.

“Calm down calm down” Haerin laughs seeing Danielle acting like Haerin won the world cup or something.

“No it's a great achievement that you finally managed to make a friend other than me” Danielle shakes Haerin, being so happy.

“We aren’t even that close yet just friendly neighbors” Haerin facepalms.

“Doesn't matter it's still an achievement”  Danielle squishes Haerin's cheeks.

Haerin is in an all girls’ school and has always been an introvert since she was a kid. During her elementary school she would just sit in the last row in her class alone and would not interact with anyone at all. It has been like that till grade 6. Even though she was a quiet and friendless kid, she has always been the smartest one in her class. Never in her life has she been in second place. She always made sure to get first place with a big number gap from the student who would place second.