6.Confessions and Reassurances

Cornellious sat beside Hanna on the edge of the bed, a gravity in his posture that seemed to command the very air around them. The tension in the room was palpable, a product of both anticipation and uncertainty. Hanna's wide eyes met his, revealing a storm of emotions as she opened her mouth to speak. But Cornellious was determined to be the first to break the silence.

"Hanna, before you say anything, I need to make a confession," he began, his voice steady and deep.

Her eyes widened further, her lips pressing together as she absorbed his words. Cornellious continued, feeling a strange mixture of amusement and gravity as he revealed something deeply personal. "I can hear and see the thoughts you're conveying to your wolf, and I can see the flashes of your visuals."

The gasp that followed was almost a whisper, but it carried a weight that made Cornellious pause. He watched as Zana's flashes flickered through his mind-a mixture of desire and vulnerability.

'Zana, what is it that turned you on?' he asked, his tone both curious and commanding.

Zana's presence manifested in his mind, her crystal-blue eyes gleaming with a touch of mischief. 'Oh, come on, it's not always in my control. Besides, did you see the flashes I sent to Hanna?'

Cornellious couldn't help but chuckle softly. The supernatural realm had its fantasies, but Zana's reactions were far beyond anything he'd envisioned.

'Shut up, Phoenix,' he reprimanded the more assertive shifter within him. 'What will Hanna think of us?'

Phoenix's reply was blunt, his mind filled with unfiltered desire. 'She's free to think what she wants. It's not our fault she kept us apart. I can't wait to bury myself deep in her, to mark her as mine. She tortured us both by keeping us apart for so long.'

Cornellious felt a pang of frustration at Phoenix's unrestrained thoughts. The suffering of being apart from their mate was something he knew all too well. It was a pain that had left him hollow and incomplete for years.

As Zana relinquished control and Hanna regained her composure, Cornellious resumed speaking. Her initial embarrassment seemed to fade as she listened intently to his revelations. Her eyes sparkled with a mix of pride, shock, joy, and wonder as he detailed his abilities.

"So, basically, you're telling me that you can do everything?" she asked, her voice tinged with awe. "Oh my God, that means my mate is like all the shifters in one, with the added bonus of being a soul shifter?"

Her shock was palpable, and she seemed to be teetering on the edge of panic. "This means you can not only see emotions but read thoughts and visuals. Oh my God, I can't hide anything from you?"

Cornellious reached out, pulling her gently into his embrace. His voice was soothing, intended to calm the whirlwind of her thoughts. "Relax, Hanna. Just take a deep breath. These abilities are given to me because I am the king of the supernatural world. Once we're mated, you'll share in these abilities as well."

He held her close, feeling her heartbeat against his chest. Her body seemed to relax in his arms, the warmth and steadiness of his presence providing a balm for her anxiety.

"So you know everything about me," she said, her voice barely a whisper as she leaned into him. "May I ask you something?"

"Yes, love," Cornellious responded, his tone filled with warmth and encouragement. "Ask me anything."

Hanna hesitated for a moment before speaking, her words tinged with vulnerability. "Do you really think we, as a couple, can work out? I mean, you're so powerful, and you deserve a mate who matches your strength."

The question struck Cornellious deeply. Phoenix's frustration flared at Hanna's self-deprecation, and Cornellious himself felt a surge of protective anger.

"You have no idea how perfect you are for me," Cornellious said, his voice firm but gentle. "Don't you dare belittle yourself. You are my other half, the perfect queen for this crown. Always and forever."

He nuzzled closer to her, his breath warm against her neck. Her scent was intoxicating, filling him with a sense of completeness he had never known before. The ache of the past seemed to melt away, replaced by the warmth of their connection.

His shifters felt a profound peace, the relentless burn and soul-wrenching acid of the past now evaporated into thin air. In Hanna's embrace, Cornellious found a sense of home he had longed for, and for the first time in years, he felt truly alive.