7.Family Matters

Cornellious's heart was still basking in the serene afterglow of his recent moments with Hanna. The peace he now felt seemed like a distant dream from the turbulent days of his past. However, this calm was interrupted when a mental intrusion pierced his tranquility.

"Your Eminence, Prince Euston is here. He said your mother sent him."

It was Yelden, Cornellious's younger brother. The mention of their mother made Cornellious realize that she must be quite worried, especially after their recent distressing conversation. He rose quietly, careful not to disturb Hanna, who was now sound asleep on the bed. He gently placed her back on the mattress before heading toward the door.

Yelden awaited him in the hallway, his expression a mix of anxiety and anticipation. "Hey, brother, how are you?" he asked, his tone betraying his unease.

"I'm fine, Yelden," Cornellious replied, his gaze steady. "Did you secure the deal?"

Yelden had been running his own company, and their previous conversations had been filled with discussions about securing a major contract. Given the stakes, impressing high-profile executives was no small feat.

"Yes, I got the contract," Yelden said, a flicker of relief in his eyes. "But I'm here for another reason. Mom told me you were in some kind of trouble because of your shifters earlier when she called you. You know how worried she gets, right?"

Cornellious nodded, understanding the concern that had prompted Yelden's visit. "Yes, I'm aware. I was planning to call her as soon as I made Hanna comfortable."

"Hanna?" Yelden's surprise was palpable, his eyes widening.

"Yes," Cornellious confirmed with a smile. "I've found my mate."

Yelden's reaction was a mix of astonishment and joy, his eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. "Oh my God, did you just say you've found your mate?"

Cornellious nodded again and sank into the nearest sofa, feeling the weight of the day's revelations. "Yes, Yelden, I've found her."

Yelden's face lit up with the same wonder and joy that Cornellious had felt upon first meeting Hanna. "Oh, thank God. Thank God," he murmured, his voice brimming with emotion.

"I know," Cornellious replied, his voice tinged with awe. "I'm completely numb from the moment I smelled her and held her. It's as if she would vanish if I let go. I can't even fully grasp my feelings when I'm around her."

Yelden's understanding smile told Cornellious that his brother had experienced similar emotions when he had found his mate two years ago. The smirk on Yelden's face hinted at the inevitable teasing that was sure to come.

"I want to see her," Yelden said, his tone both eager and excited.

"Who?" Cornellious asked, momentarily distracted by his thoughts about Hanna.

"Your mate, and my sister-in-law," Yelden said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Cornellious shot him a look of mock exasperation. "Actually, she's sleeping at the moment."

"It's okay," Yelden said, dismissing the delay with a wave of his hand. "We'll see her and come back."

"You're talking like a creep, you know that, right?" Cornellious said with a smirk, giving his brother a pointed look.

"Fine," Yelden conceded, "but we'll wait until she wakes up. I'll tag along wherever you're going right now."

"I'm going to cook something for her for dinner," Cornellious said, heading toward the kitchen.

"Great, I can contribute by preparing some dessert," Yelden offered teasingly.

Cornellious gritted his teeth, his fake smile barely concealing his irritation. "No, you can just keep me company," he said through clenched teeth.

"Alright," Yelden agreed with a grin. "As long as Hanna is asleep."

Cornellious and Yelden set to work in the kitchen. Cornellious made Italian-style pasta and a pizza with extra cheese, while Yelden whipped up some mac and cheese. For dessert, Cornellious prepared a rich chocolate lava cake.

As they neared the end of their cooking, Cornellious felt the air shift, a familiar and sweet scent filling the space. Yelden noticed the change in Cornellious's attention and looked in the same direction.

"Wow, she is beautiful," Yelden said, his voice filled with admiration.

Cornellious's gaze followed his brother's, and he felt a pang of amusement as he noticed Yelden's hand inching toward the dessert. With a quick slap, he redirected Yelden's hand away from the cake.

"Hi, Hanna, good evening," Cornellious greeted her warmly.

"Hey, good evening," Hanna replied, her eyes adjusting to the light.

"Here, meet my brother," Cornellious continued, gesturing to Yelden. "This is Yelden. Yelden, this is Hanna."

"Hi, Hanna," Yelden said, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Hi," Hanna replied, her smile genuine and welcoming.

Cornellious introduced them and, with a final warning slap to Yelden's hand, he felt a wave of amusement. Hanna seemed to appreciate their playful banter, a good sign that she might enjoy being part of their family.

"So, Hanna," Yelden began, his curiosity evident, "what are your hobbies or what do you do for work?"

"I work at the Werewolf Warrior Academy as a warrior teacher," Hanna said, her tone polite and composed.

Cornellious felt a swell of pride. The Warrior Academy was one of the most prestigious institutions in the supernatural realm, and Hanna's role there spoke volumes about her skill and dedication.

Though his wolf whimpered at the thought of the grueling training she must have endured, Cornellious recognized that such trials were a testament to her strength and character.

As they settled into the evening, the warmth of family and the shared laughter brought a new dimension to Cornellious's life. Amidst the chaotic beauty of their world, it was these simple, profound moments that reminded him of what truly mattered.