PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Narrator POV

It was a nice little confectionery store. Small, cozy, on the corner of a building. "The Museum of Sweets", it was called. It held all sorts of sweets, and almost every single one imaginable. It was a magical place, to every child and their parent.

It was probably the only confectionery store in the village, for it was quiet here always. Inside and out.

Upon entering, you could immediately tell it was small. A tiny bell hung above the door, tinkling every time someone came in or out. Two shelves with sweets on both sides greeted you, vertical to the door. Sweets were sorted in jars on every wall, and a ladder was placed against the wall. The counter was behind those shelves and even there, sweets were placed in the counter, on the counter, and behind the counter. Except save for a little brown door, and the small TV above it.

Occasionally people would come in to stand and watch the TV. Their children would run around and grab sweets instead. Not that the parents minded, of course- they'd much rather leave their children to do that than watch the horror of the war unfold into their daily lives from this small TV.

 Not that the parents minded, of course- they'd much rather leave their children to do that than watch the horror of the war unfold into their daily lives from this small TV

(Confectionery store layout)

But this wasn't just some sort of haven of sweets, or a place for children to run around.

Not to Akiko, no.

To her, this "Museum of Sweets" was a safe place, a home.. and?

She

wouldn't

trade

anything

for it.

She was happy just running a sweet shop. It didn't matter about the pay. She didn't care.

She'll look after it, like it looked after her.