chapter seven.

it was at 3 am in the morning as one part of the Pokémon world asleep, Ashley is asleep cuddling with mew, she Asked Nurse Joy on the rules of the league about legendary Pokémon, but to her dismay there is a rule that you can't battle legendary Pokémon against normal Pokémon unless they have a legendary themselves which is very rare for a trainer to have one.

Ashley sighs, she then changed out mew for Krabby as she changed out Beedrill for Mew, she sighs again and then slaps her face, so she runs towards the gym planning on winning the badge, but she will meet her first challenge even though she has a Grass type and Pikachu this woman's Pokémon are strong.

she now is standing in front of the gym and she slaps her face to make her nervous mood to go away, she then walks up to the door and opens it up, she then looks down at herself she is wearing a black and red skirt with a dark blue blouse, she also is wearing the new shoes they came up with for Pokémon trainers to be more comfortable on the journeys a head of them.

she walked all the way inside the door and shuts it she then takes a deep breath and walks inside the battle chamber, and she takes a deep breath again. then she yells I am here for my badge! she exclaimed loudly soon she heard an older female laugher, the lights turned on and she saw the gym leader standing on a water platform that is floating in the water.

the older woman spoke softly ha-ha, nice statement young one, my name is amber water flower I am the gym leader of the water type gym, I will be the one who you battle young lady she exclaimed with a smirk 

she then takes a ball out and said this will be a two-on-two Pokémon battle only the challenger is allowed to switch out there Pokémon. she then smirks and spoke I choice Staryu 

a star like Pokémon appeared on the battle it's jewel like eyes flashed blue for a second and Ashley gulps and called out I choice you Fungcub. 

soon a grass like bear appeared and the gym leader smirks and said Well a new Pokémon I never seen before.

Yes, Ashley stated and then said Fungcub start out with razor leaf attack! soon Leafs shot towards  Staryu in a blur hitting the water Pokémon dealing a lot of damage to it, but it held on and Amber smirks and ordered use water pulse! 

the water attack hits fungcub but it didn't do any damage at all and Ashley choses to say Fungcub use vine whip and slams Staryu into the platform.

Staryu is getting back up and did it's Pokémon cry and Amber said use rapid spin soon it hit Fungcub a few times but only did a small amount of damage.

Fungcub now use Razor leaf again

soon the leaf's hit the water type hard and knocks it out. 

Fungcub did a victory dance while amber smiles at the little Pokémon then she puts a serious expression on and said I choice you Starmie 

now a stronger looking star like Pokémon is now on the battlefield and Ashley asked 

Fungcub do you wanna keep battling or do you want to take a break Ashley asked with a curious expression. 

Fung cub Fung cub said the little grass type and runs towards her trainer wanting a break as she is tired from the battle *lazy Pokémon right* then stands beside her trainer and smiles up at her trainer Ashley smiles down at her and pets her and then becomes serious and said I Choice Pikachu 

she came out of her ball she hates being in the ball, but she knows the rules of the league as she heard nurse Joy when Ashley first started on her journey. 

Starmie use water pulse then rapid spin! Starmie did as told

Pikachu use quick attack to dodge and then use thunderbolt 

soon  Starmie gets shocked very badly after Pikachu dodged its attack with quick attack

the Starmie is very damage it has sparks flying off it meaning it's paralyzing the Starmie, Ashley then said use thunder bolt again soon Starmie is knocked out cold and  Amber then sighs and said the victor is yours Ashley Oak, you did a great job at rising your Pokémon so far, the reason why I lost today is because I was Arrogant not to see that your Pokémon  strong against my Pokémon or water types, the Pokémon did what they were told and I always tend to forget that water types are weak against certain types oh well she stated with a grin as she hands the badge to Ashley 

Ashley grins and bows in thanks then she rushed to the Pokémon center after meeting back up with brock seeing as he went to do his own thing during the battle. soon they arrived at the Pokémon center and Ashley went towards nurse joy to get her two Pokémon healed.

after 30 minutes. 

Ashley also went to call him to tell her father she won the badge, and he gave her a reward by giving her a Dratini  for the great job she has been doing so far, she was excited because she has a dragon type that is almost legendary, so she jumps up and down then calms down when everyone in the lobby looked her way saying shh this is a healing center for Pokémon. 

she rubs the back of her head and bows saying sorry she got little too excited for a minute, so she then gets called up to nurse Joy and she gets her Pokémon back Eevee was beside her and grins at the winners of the gym battle she stayed behind with brock to make sure brock doesn't do anything stupid like flirt with a girl because, she didn't want to waste time to get to the 3rd gym battle and she went to the market to buy more supplies and more healing items and also more Pokémon balls and Pokémon candy.

until next time

next chapter eight

 Vermilion City