Chapter 5

Charlotte
                     "No jokes anymore, just facts."

I swallowed. I swallowed again. My whole body pressed closer to him, and my palms simply automatically laid on his large shoulders. Since Cade's words cut through the thick fog between us, it seemed like an eternity had already passed.

I remembered the words I wrote then. Only someone like me could mention sex when I left forever. Firstly, because it seemed to me that I would never see him. Secondly, I didn't think that he would remember these words, especially when I stabbed him with a knife twice in one evening. What? He's annoying, and I hate people who annoy me. Who knew that this can excites him.

Well, thirdly, you can't have sex with someone you hate. Even if he fucks good. Even if he is terribly attractive. And even if I didn't have an orgasm for almost a year. But all the arguments turned into empty words in my head when Cade leaned over.

"What?" His fingers dug deeper into my ass. "I thought that my wife is always responsible for her words."
"It's so..." Realization again passed through me like an electric current. "What are you doing?"
"We need to kiss." He hissed.
"With you? I can only give goodbye kiss." I put my finger to his lips. "Are you going to leave and never come back or die?"
"I'm willing to die for our kiss." Before I had time to gasp, my lips were already pressed against his.

Our lips touched with the force of disappointment, anger boiling between us like an electrical storm. It was not a kiss of love, but defiance - a battle in which each tried to outdo the other.

I moaned as his hands squeezed me tighter, not with tenderness, but with a burning need to prove something, to take control of the chaos between villains like us. I responded in kind, my nails digging into his back, brushing against the freshly stitched wound, pulling him closer even though I wanted to push him away. But it's stupid to deny that only with him can I experience this.

Our heat was undeniable, but it was not born of love - it was born of the fire we lit in each other, the flame of hatred burning brightly behind closed eyes. Because everything feels different. Not like it was the last time in our bed.

That's why none of us wanted to be the first to break away. The general breath was mixed, hot and sharp, teeth brushed against lips, as if everyone was trying to cause pain, trying to leave a mark. When we finally pulled away a short distance, it was not with a feeling of satisfaction, but with the bitter aftertaste of unresolved rage on our tongues, our hatred as palpable as the lingering heat of that forced, furious kiss.

"I just tried to kill you." I muttered again too close to his lips. "Now you're playing with fire."
"We're not done yet." My mouth was dry again, he was about to throw me onto the sofa when we heard someone's fake cough.

My butt, which was already in the air during our unexpected act, the sound forced me to fall on it with all my strength, turning my head.
"Be careful." Cade groaned.
"It's not my fault that I excite you so much." I whispered, looking at the three people near the elevator.

Lizzie simply raised an eyebrow, but I was more attracted to John, who was clearly unconscious hanging on the shoulder of some stranger.
"I told you they were going to fuck." He began to drag my husband along with him, sitting him on the second sofa next to us.

"God, what's wrong with him?" I wanted to get up, but Cade pressed me even closer to him, only now my back was pressed against his chest.
"Sit down."
"Fuck you."
"We'll get back to this." His fingers deftly stroked my spine. "Why the fuck did you bring him here, Dean?"

"And what?" Dean shrugged, sitting down next to John, who seemed to be asleep? "Lin injected the sleeping pills as you said, but it's not so easy to carry it on yourself. Plus, you yourself said that we should all meet here."