Chapter 8

Even if it's my bday today, here are three new chapters as gift for you, guys. GUESS, Who is back?❤️

------------------
Charlotte
"I am a woman and I have a power here."

Power is something you can gain with difficulty, but so easily slip through your fingers and lose literally everything. It's not just about being above everyone else. If you're high enough above everyone else's heads, especially as a woman, no one will touch you or your loved ones out of respect. No one will dare even look at you, and when they do, they'll be blinded by the fact that you're not paying attention to them.

That's why I missed my old life so much. Because there I always rose higher and higher, I was feared and respected at the same time more and that's what I lost. I did it.
"You will always be Kirillova, krasavica." He told me once. "We do not bend the knee. Neither does anyone else. We will force our enemies to do it."

Those words are still deeply imprinted in my heart, but they don't matter. With those thoughts, I grip the steering wheel of Cade's car tighter. It so happened that John, like a little girl, decided to whine and grumble about the whole thing, as you would expect from him, and Lin became my ponytail for a week.

My thoughts were confused, it was hard to breathe and the only person who could help me with this was my brother, Alex. He and I were our father's mistake. Even though my mother was his wife, no one wanted me, but Alex was the son of a mistress, but this secret was revealed only when I was fifteen.

Monica, his mother, died a year later when her husband was killed, from a heart attack. Alex was only 26 years old and he found out about me, about us, about dad. So Monica wanted to clear her karma and confess. And it seems he should have hated the unexpected sister, but it turned out that the new Don of the mafia at such a young age has the biggest heart I have ever seen.

He literally broke into our house because he started beating our father while my mother was screaming. I remember how weak I felt watching this from the stairs. But I only wanted to help myself because I didn't feel bad. At that moment, when the stranger turned to me with blood on his white shirt, I thought I was finished. Not knowing the reason, not knowing who it was - I thought I would die.

But his long legs crossed the distance between us and he just hugged me. At that moment, when the truth came to me, it seemed to me that my brother was my family. But I was not selfish, staying in this house, with rare meetings with Alex, I found myself in a marriage with his enemy. That is why it was my secret until a war almost started because of me because my stupid mother decided to "save" me and told everything herself.

It was when this happened that there was no doubt that Mom was a dumb bitch. How is that possible? She finally decided to do something when it was already too late. And everything only got more complicated. But only smart girls like me knew that whoever could cause a battle could also be the reason for a peace pact.

"Are you even listening to me?" Muttered a hysterical man named John. "Or maybe you just have time only to start a harem?"
"No I didn't listen to you, because you are a man and you are speaking."
"What..."

"Oh my god, will you shut up?" Lin hissed from the backseat just as I was about to. I'm starting to like this girl.

"Don't interfere here at all!"
"Listen, don't you dare yell at her." I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. "If you were going to play a man, you could have at least done it sometimes during our marriage."

"Forgive me what?" His laughter was like a superficial thunderstorm.
"You heard me." I turned onto the street where our house was. "Are you saying you were the perfect husband?"
"Sure." I chuckled as I slammed on the brakes, stopping the SUV right at the door.
"Think better." I stepped out of the car with all my confidence.