Chapter Two: Part 2

"UGH, I feel sick," I mutter, burying my face in my hands as a wave of anxiety washes over me. I can't seem to escape the knot of emotions twisting inside me.

"Are you okay, Reni?" Diaz asks, his voice full of concern as he notices my discomfort. His eyes search my face, clearly sensing that something's off.

"Honestly, not at all," I confess, my voice a bit shaky. "I've been trying to keep it to myself, thinking I could handle it on my own, but I don't think I can anymore. The guilt is eating me up." I exhale deeply, trying to steady myself.

Diaz looks at me with a mix of sympathy and understanding. "Don't beat yourself up too much about it, Reni. You can't control the human heart, even if you believe you can," he says, trying to offer some comfort. His words are gentle, but they only serve to highlight the helplessness I feel.

"But it's my own body, Diaz. I should be able to control it," I reply, my voice tinged with frustration and a hint of desperation. "I've always been able to keep my emotions in check, but now, it feels like everything's slipping out of control. I might lose Melie as a friend, all because of this stupid heart of mine"

Diaz shakes his head slightly, a small frown forming as he tries to reason with me. "Whoa, Reni, you're really overthinking this. I get that it's a tough situation, but you have great friends who care about you. I know it's scary, but I'm sure if you talk to Melie about how you're feeling, she'd understand. She values your friendship too."

I let out a shaky breath, feeling the tension build in my chest. "I don't know, Diaz. What if talking to her makes everything worse? What if she feels betrayed or hurt? I don't want to risk it? "

Diaz reaches out and gently places a hand on my shoulder, his touch grounding me. "Reni, friendships—real ones—can handle tough conversations. It might be awkward or uncomfortable, but that's part of being honest and real with each other. Keeping it all bottled up is what's going to hurt you more in the long run."

I nod, knowing deep down that he's right, but the fear of what might happen if I speak up is still gnawing at me. " I just don't want her to think I am trying to betray her with roman"

And that's exactly why you should talk to her," Diaz replies, his voice steady. "You care about her, and she cares about you. It's not going to be easy, but once it's all over you will see how much better you feel"

I sigh, feeling a bit of the tension release, but the anxiety is still there, lurking. "Maybe you're right. I guess I just need to find the courage to actually talk to her."

Diaz gives me a soft smile " Trust me, it'll all be just fine"

I grab my phone, my fingers trembling slightly as I type out a quick message to Beka.

Me:
"Meet me in the RR. ASAP."

Without waiting for a response, I raise my hand, catching the teacher's attention. "Can I go to the restroom?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady. After getting a nod of approval, I quickly excuse myself and head towards the restroom, my mind racing.

As I make my way through the hallway, I can't stop replaying what Diaz told me about Roman and how he might actually feel about me. The thought sends a rush of excitement through me, and before I know it, a smile creeps onto my face. I can't help it—I might actually have a chance with him after all. "I probably look dumb walking with such a big smile on my face, but I don't care," I whisper to myself, feeling a mix of giddiness and nerves.

But just as I'm about to turn the corner into the restroom, I suddenly collide with someone. My heart skips a beat as I look up, only to realize that it's Roman standing right in front of me.