[one]

The seventies were a time to be alive, funky colours, experimental fashion, accessible drugs and most importantly, good music

The seventies were a time to be alive, funky colours, experimental fashion, accessible drugs and most importantly, good music. Lilith liked music, it was her pride and joy. Coming home from a shit day at school to blast music through her record player while sitting on her bed, reading.

Led zepplin, Queen, Fleetwood mac. Any artist named and Lilith would know them. Music was her dream, She wanted to perform, sing on a stage for thousands of people to watch. She wasn't doing great at school, failing every subject bar from music but she didn't care. Who needed grades when the world would one day be chanting her name.

It was summer, thank god, and Lilith and her friends had three months of fun planned. Camping, bonfires, concerts. They had spent so much money on there planned summer adventures but none of them cared, they had it to spend so why not.

1120 westchester place was where the bernard family resided. Her parents currently abroad due to work so the eighteen year old had the whole place to herself. What better way to spend it than having your friends round for a night of smoking weed and underage drinking.

The night was young and so were they. They started in the back garden, five girls sat around the built in fireplace with marshmallows and lit joints. Once the sun set they headed inside, sat around the living room, sprawled over the couches and floor. The drinking started with music blaring over the record player Lilith had brought down from her room. They were giggly and gossiping. It truly was the perfect night.

It was around midnight when they girls called it a night, slightly tipsy as they made there way through the grand halls of the building and out the front door. Lilith was happy she had been drinking because god did she hate being in that house alone. Creaking floorboards, constantly feeling like someone's watching her and most importantly...

knock. knock. knock.

That.

Lilith knew the suspicions surrounding the house, how spirits reside there, stuck in time as they dance through the halls that they once called their own room. The worst part was the conspiracists that came with the house, knocks at silly times at night trying to see if they can investigate their home.

The family usually ignored it but the knocking didn't stop, pounding at the door. The girl was actually scared the door was going to snap in half and that, well, wouldn't be ideal. So she opened the door, stupid, she knows, but what else was she supposed to do. The cops didn't care too much about that house so they were no use.

"yes?" Lilith asked as she looked at the man in front of her. His eyes void of emotions. He was older than Lilith, dressed like some sort of detective witch a trench coat and big boots. The girl didn't even have time to react as she got shoved back into the house, the door slammed shut behind the unknown man.

He didn't say a word, his gloved mouth pressed against her mouth to muffle her screams. She was being led down to the basement, the girl tripping over her feet only to be yanked back up every time she did. He let go as he went to grab a chair giving Lilith a chance to run to the basement door with a yell, she thought it worked.

it almost did when suddenly a sharp pain was felt in the side of her head and she fell to the floor. She didn't give up though, Lilith was not a quitter. She crawled and scrambled towards the door as quick as possible but she just couldn't. The man had grabbed her again, pulling her up and onto the chair.

Maybe she wasn't a quitter but she knew when to cut her losses. He tied her hands behind her back and to the chair. She watched him, tears welling up in her eyes due to fear. Lilith didn't know what to do, She was alone, her parents wouldn't be back for a week. She was done for.

"charles, i brought you a girl" the strange man spoke, his voice gravelly. Lilith kept her eyes on him, confused as to why he thought a fifty year old crime conspiracy would still happen. They waited and waited, the brunette didn't even know how much time had passed as her eyes started dropping from exhaustion.

He didn't back down though, waiting for something, anything to happen. And it did, in the dawn of friday, the 13th of june, 1979, all that could be heard through the echoing halls of the house where Lilith Bernard's screams. Strapped to the chair, her tie dyed cami now smeared with blood as her skin began to seemingly cut itself open.

The pain was unbearable, her body convulsing with every small movement. tears flowing freely down her cheeks. A large gash formed down her chest, she was bleeding out and both her and this strange man knew it. He was stood there, nodding contently as if his theory had worked. Lilith supposed it had. She was dying and she knew it.

It all went by to slow for the girls liking. The pain filling her whole body, her throat raw from screaming and her head pounding from the tears. What seemed like hours went by when Lilith body finally went limp, her head rolled forward, her eyes still open as the stranger left through the basement door.

🥀

Lilly Speaks
ahhhh chapter one is done and i'm low-key impressed by my writing! please let me know how you feel, this is the first time i've written in a while