[two]

Lilith sighed, staring at her lifeless body from the corner of the dark basement

Lilith sighed, staring at her lifeless body from the corner of the dark basement. Her arms crossed and eyes wet from unshed tears as she just watched. She was wearing the same clothes as her lifeless body, they were all bloody but there was nothing Lilith wanted to do about it that second.

She couldn't move, too focused on her dead body to even realise that two girls had joined her, standing either side of her

"that was brutal" one girl spoke up making Lilith snap out of her daze

"i had so much to live for" Lilith muttered, pursing her lips

"we all did, and we still live. Just not conventionally" the other girl said "i'm gladys, i love your shirt, it's very... different"

"maria" the other girl spoke up. Lilith recognised the names as the girls who died in the house before they moved in

"lilith" the brunette mumbled back "and this shirt, it's pretty common right now"

The girls stood in silence for a few moments

"i can't let my parents come home to see me like that" Lilith spoke quietly

"i suppose you have two options then. Live in this house, with your parents as a ghost or get rid of the body and pretend you've left. I'd say the second one, you don't want them to live here" Maria told the girl, a comforting hand on her shoulder

"will you help" Lilith gulped

"of course we will Lilith. let's get you all cleaned up and then we can sort this out" gladys told her, holding her hand comfortably. The girl nodded, the three of them heading up to Lilith room. Gladys and Maria looked around curiously, asking questions about her clothes and music. Lilith explained everything, glad she was able to get her mind off the daunting facts.

Lilith changed into a fresh pair of bell bottom jeans and a flared tee, sitting on the edge of the bed with a straight face, the two nurses sat either side of her. Their presence comforting to the brunette haired girl. Lilith was happy she had someone there, someone with such a warm presence to cheer her up.

It took a while to urge Lilith back down to the basement, the two girls quickly moving to get rid of the soulless body still strapped to the chair. Lilith, herself, sat on the stairs, scribbling words down in a notepad. She felt bad despite there protests of letting them do the cleaning, that gladys and Maria were doing it alone.

With a huff, she finished up the note, calling the two girls over to read it

"it's as good as it's going to get" Maria assured with a soft nod, gladys nodding along too

"i just... thank you guys for helping me but i really want to be as alone as i can be right now" Lilith smiled at the nurses, a few tears falling from her eyes. Maria and Gladys understood, grieving yourself was possibly the hardest thing a ghost could do. Seeing her own dead body after suffering for all that time to just feel, nothing.

Lilith got up from the step, heading to the kitchen to place the notepad on the island before walking up to her room. She curled up on her bed, the same bed she had lived in for the past year, the same bed her and her friends hung out on and did homework whilst gossiping and listening to music.

This time, the house was silent, no music playing. no creaky floorboards. no feelings of being watched. it was like the house was grieving the loss of the girl too. The house and all their ghostly occupants, a girl they did not want dead yet died at the hands of a cruel conspiracist all because he wanted to prove a working theory that doctor Charles Montgomery was still working despite being dead

There was something about the girl that seemed so loveable, everyone in the house saw that. They didn't need her to succumb to Charles' torturous schemes yet it seemed to happen anyway.

Whilst Lilith was alone in her room, looking around at the bright decorations, music posters and flowers. The spirits gathered in the basement, an unspoken promise to leave the girl alone while she grieved. Everyone was there (bar the creature that killed her), silently sitting on the different objects.

Nora, stood grieving the loss of yet another girl to the hands of her husband

Elizabeth Short, aka the black dahlia, sat on the floor sad that such a beautiful young woman with so much potential would be joining them forever in the house

Gladys and Maria, sat together upset at the girl who they had consoled after her own death, who cleaned up the mess of her dead body.

They were all in a silent agreement to protect the girl from the horrors that the house would throw at her, from the darkness that had consumed all of them. They weren't letting that happen to this one. They had learnt their lessons.

That may have turned out to be harder than expected.

🥀

Lilly Speaks
don't know if i hate or love this yet, we shall see i suppose (major time skip next chapter)

Lilly Speaksdon't know if i hate or love this yet, we shall see i suppose (major time skip next chapter)