Chapter#11 Reborn

It had been 11 days since David was killed, and his body had been taken from the sandy dunes of Cailed and thrown into the deep swamp like garbage. It floated there in the scarlet rot for those 11 days decomposing, alone and forgotten. I mean, what use was this person now anymore anyway?

Well, some in this world decided that he still had a part to play.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A man walked through the ruins of Cailed weakly. His clothes were ruined beside a pair of torn and worn pants and boots. His white hair is a contrast compared to the red of the world around him. His eyes held so little light and life in them that even the pests and other members of rot stayed away from this husk of a creature. Eventually, the man found himself in a destroyed building and promptly collapsed against its brick wall interior and balled up defeated.

This person was David.

Despite having his heart ripped out, he didn't die. Why? Well, that's complicated, so why don't we rewind a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------

On a hill in the sandy dunes of the area, he fought Rhadan in David and was buried by Alexander and Solaire out of respect. Except on the 7th day on that hill, a hand burst from the sand and pulled themselves out. The only way to describe David was wrecked, burns sat on 40% of his body, his left arm gone, his right eye now an empty hole, and finally in his chest was a hole where his heart should be now was a faint glow of light.

Despite all of the pain he was in, he was somehow still alive.

"Why?" He whispered to himself weakly as he stood up on wobbly feet. The night sky loomed overhead, and since Rhadan was dead, the stars in the once stagnant sky had new shapes and colors. However, that mattered little......as a matter of fact, nothing mattered anymore. His whole life was a lie. His existence was nothing more than a pet project. His memories were all fake, and worse of all the family, he thought he had betrayed him and left him for dead.

He couldn't even call himself David anymore. That name belonged to someone else. He no longer had a name. He should be dead, but for some reason, he was alive despite not having a heart anymore. Thoughts came to his head on what he should do, but all felt meaningless, so he made his decision. He failed to protect Melina. He failed to save those people in the fight against Rhadan, and he is now nothing but an empty husk of a pet project.

So, the best course of action was to find somewhere to lay down and die.

Thus, that brings us back to this random destroyed shack.

Rain pelted his body as he limply laid against the wall of the church, simply waiting for his eyes to close forever, and soon enough, they did close, but when he opened them, he found himself in a white void with nothing as far as the eye could see but a single sword infront of him floating inside a beautiful golden and royal blue sheath.

"What?" He whispered.

When David took his heart, his power went with it, leaving him with nothing.

"It's about time you made your way here," a voice spoke behind him. Quickly turning, he was met with a man. He wore a teal cloak with a hood covering most of his face. The man's long, puffy lavender hair parted down his shoulder to his upper chest past his fair face. In his hand was a large wooden staff with cloth and multicolored strings with a blue gem sitting at its top.

"Who are you?" The namelss asked.

"Me? Heheheheh, well, that's a secret. Let's just say I'm a friend who's in charge of helping out those who need it. " The cloaked man laughed.