Oʀɪɢɪɴs: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎

🐺🦇𝙰𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚠'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅🦇🐺
989 𝙱.𝙲. 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚢

Today i turned 10 the right age to become a Vikingur, my father already approved my mother on the other hand was very concerned and worried with good reason. I had a older brother and sister, both twins. They disappeared on the way to a raid a couple of years ago and we never saw them since.

Mother has always been protective over me even as a child, after all i am her baby. I was her last child and i did have some complications when i was born. They told me i was born without a heart beat, father said they both thought i was dead. And just before they finished digging the grave i gasped for air and started to cry. Mother and Father i was blessed by Odin and Freya that they brought me to life.

The night was calm and cold, you could see the aura borealis over head shining brightly over our little Fjord, i was laying on top of the long house taking it in, the cold hardly bothered me. Ever since i was a child the cold never harmed me so i went around with just trousers and a shirt which confused and dumbfounded the other villagers.

Why was i on the longhouse you ask, well because it is my home. My father is the Jarl of this little hamlet and one day this would be my responsibility to watch after and protect this place.

???: I see you still love coming up here...

My mind was brought back to reality by the familiar voice, i looked back to see my father standing ever so gracefully next to me with his white raven in his shoulder.

He smiled at me when i looked up to him, he sat next to me making me sit up as well. We began to look over the Fjord taking in the beauty of the still night air. After a moment father looked toward me and said.

Eivor: Are you nervous about your first raid?

I looked over to my father and smiled.

Andrew: I am a little, but i know i can handle it. After all i am your son.

I said with pride making him smile even wider, he put his arm over my shoulders and brought me into a side hug as we continued to take in the sun slowly begin to peak into the Fjord.

🐺🦇🐺🦇🐺

Later that morning i was getting myself ready for my first raid, i was so caught up i didn't hear someone come in my room. When i turned around i saw my mother standing there with a smile that hid a concerned face.