Chapter Five: Fuecoco and Roy's Friendship Forms!

Kaetlin's Rotom phone buzzes and Kaetlin answers the call. It was Tessa checking in.

"Did you find Torchy?" Tessa asks.

"Yep. He's back home safe where he belongs." Kaetlin explains.

"I wanted to ask..." Tessa begins.

"Hmm?" Kaetlin responds.

"I... need advice." Tessa says.

"Advice?" Kaetlin asks.

"How did you realize that you were in love with Friede?" Tessa blurts out. Kaetlin stares in shock. Friede was standing beside her and was in view.

"I mean... It just sort of happened. I looked at him and he looked at me and our hearts like... resonated." Kaetlin explains, "Has that happened to you?"

"I think so... But... you're gonna be mad about who it was." Tessa says.

"Do I know them?" Kaetlin asks.

"Yes." Tessa responds. Kaetlin raises an eyebrow.

"If you're expecting to guess..." Kaetlin states.

"Leon." Tessa blurts out.

"The guy who defeated me?" Kaetlin asks, "You're gonna have to explain that one."

"It was before I left Galar. He literally swooped in on Charizard and caught me." Tessa explains.

"We sisters seem to have a type." Kaetlin says.

"A type?" Tessa asks.

"Trainers with Charizards who swoop in and rescue us." Kaetlin responds. She looks at Friede out of the corner of her eye and he looks at her.

"You crashed into me." Friede responds.

"No, you crashed into me." Kaetlin responds and Friede laughs. Captain's ears twitch.

"Pika?" Captain asks before he jumps down out of his chair.

"Hmm? Cap leaving his chair? That doesn't sound right." Kaetlin states, "Look, Tessa, he's pretty busy. I was beyond busy as Champion. Don't get your hopes up." Tessa looks sad.

"That being said, if he decides to pursue things with you, I wish you all the luck." Kaetlin explains. They hear the sound of Captain's Volt Tackle.

"Uh, we gotta go!" Kaetlin exclaims and hangs up. Friede and Kaetlin rush to where the sound came from.

"Roy?" Liko blurts out.

"Pikachu!" Captain exclaims.

"He did what?!" Kaetlin asks.

"Busted!" Friede states, "Cap, excellent work... Uh..."

"Hey there, Mr. Friede." Roy exclaims.

"So you guys know this kid or what?" River asks.

"He was in my class earlier today and then Liko and I encountered him in the woods." Kaetlin explains.

"Yeah, we had a run-in with him earlier today." Friede says at the same time, "He was helping Liko, Kaetie and I out."

"That's right. His name's Roy. But what are you doing here?" Liko asks Roy. Roy sits up with Cap on his head.

"Liko, I'm here for one reason!" Roy exclaims and when he moves, Captain jumps off his head, "Fuecoco!"

"Oh, uh, yeah?" Liko asks.

"Why is your face red?" Kaetlin asks, "Even I could tell it was because of Fuecoco."