meeting new faces

A week had passed since Hoxton and Geo had become royal protectors for Ami. And in that time...... well, Geo had shown that he was lacking in any real combat experience compared to Hoxton. Granted, Hoxton has shown to be a master with every weapon in Gwain's armory. Safe to say, Geo needed to step it up. Geo knew how to fight, but not all that well. And he chose not to fight anyone unless absolutely necessary. So, to try and solve this issue, Gwain had brought Geo to an open part of the castle. A flat platform where they could train Geo. Hoxton and Ami were standing on the side lines watching.

Gwain: All right, Geo, it's been made obvious that you lack any real experience when dealing with this worlds threats.

Gwain was wearing something more casual in the form of what Hoxton could only describe as yoga clothes. Geo and Ami were still wearing their usual outfits. Hoxton had only removed his chest piece and gloves, revealing the muscle underneath. When he first took his chest piece off, Ami, Geo, and Gwain had a hard time looking away. Geo started to feel a little self-conscious about himself after that, wanting to improve. Gwain got used to it real quick. Ami, on the other hand, was as red as a tomato standing next to Hoxton.

Hoxton: Just a heads up, Geo, Gwain hasn't been in the best mood today, so she's taking this as an excuse to probably and on her end, hopefully knock your teeth out.

Geo audibly gulped at this new information.

Gwain: If you can get a single hit in on me, then you win. But if you go down at all, the match ends. Understood?

Geo nodded his head, now even more nervous than before. Gwain shot towards him and was planning to land a simple punch. Geo caught it, but he showed signs of struggling to hold it. Gwain wasn't very amused by this and began to throw more punches at Geo. He was dodging a few of them, then got tagged by a downward kick, spinning him and getting a palm strike after.

Hoxton: Well, he lasted longer against you than he did me. I guess that accounts for something.

Gwain: The only difference is that he didn't try to fight back against me. He's capable of fighting, yet he chooses not to.

Geo had gotten back up with a small amount of struggle. Ami had helped him up off the ground.

Gwain: Ami, do you really think that boy is your ticket to independence?

Ami nodded, and Hoxton just scoffed.

Hoxton: He's barely able to hold his own against anyone here! Doesn't help his case that magic feels like enhanced nerve agents.

Gwain: With you being the exception.

During the week, Ami and Gwain had learned that Hoxton's pain tolerance was otherworldly, and while yes, Hoxton could still feel pain, it was just nearly impossible to get him to flinch from it. The implant was the cause for this and many other things Hoxton has. Hoxton stretched and let out a sigh of satisfaction from it.

Hoxton: So, tomorrow is when Ami goes to school again?

Gwain: That is correct.

Hoxton: Cool.

Hoxton put his chest piece and gloves back on. Geo felt a bit dizzy from being spun by Gwain so suddenly during the spar still.

?: Queen Gwain.

Geo was shoved off the platform by Gwain almost immediately after she heard one of the maids arrive. Hoxton saw Geo get shoved, and he's thankful he never takes this helmet off. He didn't pay any attention to what they were talking about and looked over the ledge Geo was pushed from and saw a large body of water.

Hoxton: Uh oh.

Gwain: It's a bit too risky for him to stay here at the castle.

Ami looked at Hoxton, wondering if he also had to find a new place to stay.