Tasveer

"Khala bohot jaruri kitab thi, hame lagta hai ham train mai bhul aaye usse", Haseena said almost pouring everything in her bag on the car seat.

"Rukiye ham Karim bhai se kehte hai, train abhi station par hi hogi. Yai last station hai na, aap apna seat number bataiye", Ms Khan asked.

"Nahi khala ham khud jayenge..", She said, exiting the car, restless and started running towards the station. Ms Khan asked her driver to follow the lady.

Both of them approached the same coach, where Haseena was sitting earlier. She peeked around, "Karim chacha, ek kitab hai. Kafi purani printing hai.. Aur uske panne bhi idhar udhar se thode fate hue hai... Nile rang ki hai".

Karim chacha heard the description while looking around, as something strike him. He said, "Beta kya uski binding khuli hue thi? Aur borders black the?".

Haseena stopped on her place, now looking at the man. She asked, "Jii! yahiii thii!!! Aapko mil gayii? Kaha hai?". But the man bowed down his head in disappointment and replied, "Darsal hamne abhii bahar gadi mai saman rakhte wqt, ek ladki ke hath me dekhi. Aapke umar ke hi the wo lagbhak, aur kuch keh rahe the.. ki kisiko dhundhna hai.. shayad aapko hi dhundh rahe the kitab lautane ke liye..".

Haseena heard the entire story, wondering who that person could be. And how did she know that the book belonged to her. She got down from the train followed by Karim chacha and all of them soon drove towards the Haweli.

"Akhir kon ho sakta hai?", Haseena was still lost in her thoughts, restless because the book was very important to her. Still lost in her own world, they reached the mansion. 

"Hassu? Aaiye haweli aa gayi..", Mariam said with a gentle tap on Haseena's shoulder. Haseena snapped out of her thoughts, and noticed.

Indeed, She felt a wave of mixed nostalgic emotions as she returned home after nearly a decade. She hadn't planned this visit, but something inexplicably drew her back to the place.

When she left her home to travel across the oceans, her ambitions were the only thing on her mind. Yet, the urgency to escape the town had always haunted her, filling every corner with unknown dreams and unsettling flashbacks.

"15 saal 8 mahine 16 din...", An old lady declared while looking at the all grown up woman who once was just a young kid for her once upon a time.

Haseena came out of the nostalgia related to this place and finally glanced towards the owner of the voice, "Ammi..". Her hand left the bag it was holding, almost running towards the person, who was waiting for her daughter with open arms since a very long time. Almost a decade.

Haseena hugged her mother, closing her eyes. As she let out a deep breath. A peace, a comfort she had missed her whole life. She said, "Aapko intezar karane ke liye mafi chahte hai Ammi... Kuch banne ki chah mai lagta hai thodi jyada hi der kardi hamne..".

Mrs Malik, separated herself from the lady wiping her tears of happiness. She replied, "Bilkul nahi bachhe, Sapne dekhne ki aur unhe pure karne ke liye kabhi mafi nahi manga karte. Aap wapis aayi ham isme hi khush hai. Bas ab aur kahi mat jana ham budhe insano ko chorkar, please...".

"Nahi jayenge Ammi, vada karte hai", Haseena said kissing her mother's forehead with love and respect, both having tears of happiness in their eyes. "Abbu kaha hai?", She asked.

"Aapke intezar mai aur kaha honge princess?", Mr Malik answered standing behind them. He spread his arms, with tears in his eyes. Haseena wiped her tears, running into the man's arms as if she wasn't a grown up 30 years old woman but just a 14 years old kiddo who left this house to complete achieve her aims.