Clarissa

"So, how about it?" The annoying guy asked me, he just did not seem to get the message that I was not interested! "How about what?" I snarled at him. He grinned, "Fiesty. I like it! How about me, you, upstairs now?" He moved closer to me, reaching for my hand. I snatched it back, not wanting his filthy hand to touch me. "How about this." I snarled, before kicking him in his groin.  "Do not touch me again. Understand?" I bared my fangs at him. He scrambed back, "Ow, that hurt. You freak.Where did you buy  those from, eh?" I smirked and walked up to the human, enough that our breaths mingled. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I let out a sharp laugh before turning on my heels to find a familiar face.

"You wouldn't be looking for me, would you?" There he was, with his signature smirk on his face. I squealed, before launching myself at him. "David! You're back already? How? You're not hurt are you?" I asked, searching his body for any signs of wounds. He had been away on a mission for the council for a few months, and I had begun to miss him horrendously. He let out a laugh, "Baby girl, I am a vampire. Not a mutt." Someone growled behind him, a werewolf - judging by his menacing glare. "Only teasing boy." David called out to him, grinning. "Now run along dog, before I give you a hug." He walked closer to the werewolf - reaching out with his hand - who, in return, directed a disgusted look towards us before storming off."But I only wanted to give you a hug! We could have started a bromance!" He pouted at the werewolf's fast disappearing back. David let out a mocking sigh, "They never grow up do they." He turned to me with a smirk on his face, before sobering up - that's when I knew something was up: David was never serious. Ever.

"What's wrong?" I reached for his hand, squeezing it softly - encouraging him to speak. He sighed and then towed me to the kitchen - where I would be able to hear him properly. "I just came from the council meeting. It wasn't good." He sighed again and looked up at me. "Do you remember the story about the curse placed on vampires and werewolves?" I did know, but only the facts -not the details. So I shook my head, "Only the consequences. I don't know why the curse was placed."

He looked down. "It's a long story."

"I'm here all night." I replied and sat down - we would be here for a while.

He took a deep breath before he began. "Many centuries ago, a high witch's daughter fell in love with a vampire. And that's fine, I mean tell me who hasn't fallen in love with us yet?". He laughed. "There was a problem though." I sighed - there were always problems in love stories. "The vampire was in love with a werewolf." I gasped, that was unheard of, infact I had only ever heard myths about that. I had never known anyone to fall in love with a werewolf - and was glad, the two fools would be dead by just touching each other. "No! How is that even possible?" I breathed out. He nodded his head grimly and told me somethng that sent my mind to shock - not literally of course, otherwise I wouldn't be alive anymore. No wait, I'm already dead - so more like I would smoulder? Burn? Oh! I don't even know! How? How do I not know about my own kind? Actually, do all humans know everything about their kind? I bet they do, I whimpered. Imagine! Imagine me - a highly trained and professional food finder - being more stupid than humans?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright © 2015 princess1001
All rights reserved.
This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, or used in any manner whatsoever, without the express written permission of the author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is purely coincidental.

If you see my book on any other profile please contact me and let me know by inboxing me.

Thank you,
princess1001