Matt

"Whoa! Look at that!" Ian exclaimed as I pulled up outside Cindy's house.The party was in full swing, beer cans littering the garden, couples kissing and already I could see someone running nude in the garden - it hadn't been an hour in the party yet. I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline in my body and grinned: I had a good feeling about this party.

"Ooh, look Alyx!" Lacey called out, smirking at Ian - waiting in anticipation for his reaction. "That dude looks so hot, right?" Alyx gave a non-commital shrug, whereas Ian growled and pulled Lacey to his side possessively. "Which one?" He snarled, jumping out of the car and getting ready to beat to beat up the poor guy. Lacey laughed, hooked her arms around his neck and reached up to kiss him. "You know I only have eyes for you." She whispered in his ear. Ian relaxed, pulled her closer to him and hugged her, breathing in her scent to calm himself down.

I felt a pang in my heart, I had been searching for my mate for quite some time now - and had been unlucky. My wolf was more dormant than before, only stirring when we went for a run; being without your mate for more than necessary has that impact on you. Of course having not found my mate yet meant my sate wasn't as bad as Alyx's, who - since the rejection - had shed some weight and lost all her colour - leaving her looking like a leech. Infact, some of them had already mistaken her as their kind - not realising what she was until they were close enough to smell her.

Thankfully, none of them had tried to touch her yet - touching would have led to fatal consequences with no turning back: disintegration. Not only for Alyx, but for the fool who touched her. It wasn't only Alyx who was cursed though, it was all of us - werewolves and vampires. An ancient curse had decided that for us; werewolves and vampires could not touch, without it ending in death (or death again for the leeches, I guess).

My eyes flickered towards Alyx, who was staring wistfully at Ian and Lacey. Feeling my gaze, she looked at me, holding my stare for a moment - her eyes hardened - before she looked away. No matter how hard she tried to hide her feelings, she couldn't hide them from someone who had known her since we were born. She took a deep breath, before jumping up in excitement, "Come on! I can't wait. Today I'm going to finally find someone for my-" Her voice faltered when she noticed the pitying looks Ian and Lacey gave her. "What?" She snapped, "Am I not allowed to have a fling? He doesn't care. I don't care. And neither should you!" Her voice rose with every word, until she was practically shouting. I pulled her in a hug, "Shh." I whispered, rubbing circles on her back- calming her down. I have that kind of impact on people. Yeah that's practically all I'm good for: driving people around,or calming people down - well, mostly Alyx. Not that I'm complaining, I feel overprotective about Alyx in the same way a brother would feel about his sister; seeing her cry or angry or worried made me feel those emotions. "Come on." I held her hand as we moved to the door of the house - to the party.

That's when it hit me. An intoxicating smell.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright © 2015 princess1001
All rights reserved.
This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, or used in any manner whatsoever, without the express written permission of the author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is purely coincidental.

If you see my book on any other profile please contact me and let me know by inboxing me.

Thank you,
princess1001