Chapter 17 - Red Bull

Camille sat at her kitchen table, staring at the offer letter from Red Bull's Formula 1 team displayed on her laptop. She had accepted the offer days ago, yet the enormity of it still hadn't fully sunk in. This was it—her dream was about to become a reality. She was going to race for Red Bull, one of the top teams in Formula 1.

She knew the announcement was coming soon, but she didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. As she took a deep breath, trying to process it all, her phone buzzed on the table. She picked it up, expecting another round of congratulatory messages, but what she saw made her heart skip a beat.

F1 Breaking News: Camille Leclerc to join Red Bull Racing for the next season.

The announcement had just gone live. Her eyes widened as she quickly tapped on the notification, bringing up the full article. There it was, in black and white, officially confirmed for the world to see. Her name, linked to Red Bull, flashed across the screen. They hadn't even given her a heads-up that today was the day.

Before she could process it, her phone exploded with notifications. Social media was buzzing, with fans and friends alike flooding her inbox with messages of support and excitement. One message, however, stood out to her the most.

Carlos: I just saw the news, cariño! I'm so proud of you! Where are you? I need to see you.

Camille smiled, her heart warming at his words. Carlos always knew how to calm her nerves and make her feel like she could take on the world. But she knew they had to be careful—no one could know about their relationship, especially now with all the media attention she was about to receive.

Camille: I'm at home. Come by if you can.

Within minutes, Camille heard a knock at her door. She quickly checked the hallway through the peephole before opening it, her heart racing as she saw Carlos standing there, a huge grin on his face. He stepped inside, closing the door behind him, and immediately pulled her into a tight hug.

"I knew this day would come," Carlos whispered into her hair, his voice full of pride. "You deserve this so much, Camille. You're going to be incredible."

Camille wrapped her arms around him, feeling the tension in her shoulders ease as she leaned into his embrace. "I can't believe it's really happening," she murmured. "It's all so overwhelming. They didn't even tell me they were announcing it today!"

Carlos pulled back slightly, his hands resting on her shoulders as he looked into her eyes. "It's happening, and you're ready for this. You've worked so hard, and now it's your time to shine."

Camille smiled, though she still felt the weight of the moment pressing down on her. "I just wasn't expecting it to be so public so soon. It's like everything is happening at once."

Carlos's smile softened as he cupped her face in his hands. "I know it's a lot, but you don't have to face it alone. I'm here with you, every step of the way. And if you ever feel overwhelmed, just remember that you've earned this. You belong here."

She closed her eyes for a moment, letting his words sink in. "Thank you, Carlos. You always know what to say to make me feel better."

He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "It's because I know how amazing you are, even if you forget sometimes."

Camille laughed softly, the sound lightening the mood. "You're biased."

"Maybe," Carlos teased, "but I'm also right. And when you're standing on that podium in a Red Bull suit, the whole world is going to see it too."

"Speaking of podiums," Camille said with a smirk, "you better watch out. I'm coming for you next season."

Carlos chuckled, his eyes sparkling with affection. "I wouldn't have it any other way. But just so you know, I'm not going to go easy on you. You'll have to earn that win."

"Oh, I plan to," Camille shot back playfully. "And when I do, you'll be the first to congratulate me, right?"

"Of course," Carlos said, his tone sincere. "But until then, we'll keep this between us. No distractions, just focus on what you need to do."

Camille nodded, grateful for his understanding. "I know. We'll figure it out, like we always do."

Just then, her phone buzzed again. It was Charles, demanding to know why she hadn't told him about the announcement sooner. Camille let out a small laugh, holding up the phone to show Carlos.

"Looks like my brother's on his way over," she said with a grin. "I guess I'll have to deal with his dramatic entrance now."

Carlos laughed, pulling her into another quick hug. "Good luck with that. I'd better go before he gets here. We don't want to raise any suspicions."

She nodded, understanding the need for discretion. "Thank you for coming, Carlos. It means a lot to me."

"Anytime, cariño," he whispered, kissing her gently on the lips before stepping back. "I'll see you later, okay? And remember, you've got this."

With one last smile, Carlos slipped out the door just as Camille heard the elevator doors ding down the hall. A few seconds later, Charles burst into her apartment, his face a mixture of excitement and disbelief.

"Cami! I just saw the news! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he exclaimed, rushing over to her with a huge grin.

Camille laughed, hugging him tightly. "I was going to! But I didn't know they were going to announce it today! I thought I had more time to process everything."

Charles pulled back, his hands on her shoulders, looking at her with pride. "Red Bull, Cami! You're going to be in Formula 1 with Red Bull! This is insane!"

"I know," Camille replied, still a little dazed. "I can't believe it's happening so fast. One minute I'm reading the offer, the next it's all over the news."

Charles shook his head in amazement. "You've earned this, sis. You've worked so hard, and now you're going to be in one of the best cars on the grid. I'm so proud of you!"

Camille smiled, feeling a surge of warmth. "Thanks, Charlie. It's just... it's a lot to take in. I knew this would happen eventually, but seeing it all over the news like this? It's overwhelming."

Charles grinned, pulling her into another hug. "Well, now the whole world knows. And they're all going to see how incredible you are."

Camille laughed, the sound a mix of nerves and excitement. "No pressure, right?"

Charles gave her a playful nudge. "Hey, if anyone can handle pressure, it's you. Besides, you're going to have the best support system ever. I'll be right there with you, every step of the way."

"Thanks, Charlie," Camille said, feeling a surge of gratitude. "I'm going to need it. This is a huge step."

Charles smirked, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Just remember, when you're up there on the podium with me, I expect a shoutout."

Camille rolled her eyes, grinning. "Oh, please. I'm going to beat you to that first-place trophy, and you'll be the one giving me a shoutout."

Charles raised an eyebrow, pretending to be offended. "Oh, it's like that, huh? Well, don't come crying to me when I'm the one standing on the top step."

"Sure, sure," Camille teased, crossing her arms. "But when I'm bringing home all the trophies, you better not be jealous."

Charles burst out laughing, shaking his head. "Cami, you're going to do amazing things. Just remember, you're a Leclerc, and we don't back down from a challenge."

Camille's smile softened as she looked at her brother, feeling a deep sense of pride and love. "I won't, Charlie. I promise."