Lost

Kinda what Jace was wearing at the party....

--Talks about drug addiction-----

Jace's POV:

"I'll DM you later the details then." Victor said, before leaving through the revolving doors. I had invited him over for a drink to talk about business and welcoming him on the team as well.

I looked at the ghost-white curls of a smoked Marlboro on an ashtray and felt a small hollow ache. Why and how I thought I could give up this "pastime" was something I couldn't quite understand.

I'm too gone now on that road.

No matter how much I seemed to try, the resolve eluded me. I hated how I couldn't get my hands around it.

I massaged my throbbing temples attempting to get my mind off this failed quest. How naïve of me to think I could quit so easily.

I got up, grabbed the keys to my Ducati and left to get ready for an interview in the evening, which would be followed by a launching party event for Swift&Sons. My father's company.

What a hell of a night I was about to have.

****

I nodded at the bodyguards standing at the entrance before the gate opened to let me in. The bike raced through the gateway before coming to a screeching halt in front of the mansion, in one swift satisfying motion. I got off it and walked inside, welcomed by the soft lighting inside.

Later when I was done showering and dressing up, I put on a Rolex and cufflinks as final accessories to my black ensemble. I didn't usually wear a tailored suit to an interview but I was supposed to head straight to the launch event soon after. Why did I fucking agree to go this event?

I walked out of the gates, catching my dark reflection in the windows of a limo parked outside the pavement. The old man sent a limo to pick up me?! Just great!

I got inside, which took me a great deal of strength. "How are you, Master Jace?" the old chauffeur, James, greeted me.

Haven't heard that in a while. Since I cut off my contacts with my father. And Jax.

My teeth grit unconsciously. "Good." I answered coldly looking out of the dark-tinted window.

"Where are we headed?"

"15th Avenue."

A moment of silence passed. "Is the air conditioning to your liking, Master Jace?" James interjected again. I nodded silently and gestured him to stop. Stepping out, I met my escort, Brylee Murad standing by the lone pavement.

"Right on time as always." her bright smile beaming on her face, making her dewy skin glow even more.

I rolled my eyes. "And you're smiling as always." It annoyed me. Didn't she ever get tired of smiling at me?

"You look hot in black. What's with...the suit?" Brylee asked curiously softly brushing my shoulders with her hands, batting her ocean blue eyes. Her sweet scent of amber and jasmine engulfed me, two aphrodisiacs.

We're not going there. Again.

I brushed her arms off my shoulders. "We'll run late if we keep standing here. Get inside." Just because we were fake dating didn't mean she had to pry about my private life.

She sighed as I opened the door for her. "Got yourself a new limo?" her eyes scanning black leather chairs and the gigantic wine cooler. The interior decor wasn't my style.

I shrugged. "No, my pops sent it."

Her blue eyes blinked apprehensively waiting for me to say more, waiting for a glimpse into the life I kept well concealed. But I didn't say anything.