Ch-4 Nagazora: Raiden Mei (I)

No One's POV 

Timeline: February 2014

Raiden Mei.

The daughter of Raiden Ryoma, the owner of ME Corp 

She's a second year student at Senba Academy in the city of Nagazora, which is one of the best and most popular high schools in the city.

Raiden Mei, who was from a wealthy family, didn't seem to have much experience with social relationships nor did she have many friends due to strict tutoring sessions. 

However, when she joined Senba Academy a year ago, she immediately became the talk of the school. She was beautiful, popular, smart, reliable and well off. Her life seemed perfect. 

The people around her all mobbed around her, taking initiative to become friends with her and get as close to her as possible for a variety of reasons. 

Mei enjoyed the company of her many close friends and companions. Her life looked to be very bright and promising. 

But everything started to go downhill after her father, Raiden Ryoma, was sent to jail due to economic malpractice and fraud. 

Mei was understandibly very saddened by the news of her father's imprisonment. She never believed her father would do that, nor did she ever consider him to be guilty of such a crime. She confidently believed he was framed by someone else. 

Her outlook of life remained positive and bright, because she knew she had friends she could count of when she needed them. She was glad she had friends to confide in but she didn't want anyone to get involved with her personal problems. 

But of course, this was only the start of her downfall. A few months in and her situation began to change. The ME Corps reputation was dragged through the mud, and with it, her family name. 

Raiden Ryoma was replaced as it's president and the company was no longer theirs. 

Mei, being the sharp woman that she was, immediately noticed the changes around her. 

All those people who used to be her best friends all began distancing themselves from her. They all came up with excuses to not hang out with her or stay away from her and some even pushed her away. 

The large crowds of people who used to hang out with her during lunches and after school, even they were slowly alienating her. 

Mei was no fool. She understood why all of this was happening. 

The people whom she used to consider friends, she believed she managed to befriend them due to her polite personality and her humble and friendly outlook. But clearly, that wasn't the case. 

It was instead, because she was the only daughter of the owner of ME Corp. 

And now that the owner was replaced after being sent to jail, she lost her right to inherit the company. Because of this, those who used to seek her friendship began to ignore her. She was no longer useful in their eyes. 

All they wanted, was to secure a good relationship with the future owner of the ME Corp so that their lives may be secured in the future. 

Mei was incredibly disheartened by this. And it's only natural. After all, these were all people whom she liked and trusted, whom she believed in for over a year. They were people she thought she could rely on, but in reality, they all turned out to be devils hiding as humans. 

And not only did they all abandon her, but they even began badmouthing her behind her back and slandered her. And Mei was deeply hurt by their words, especially considering she's been their friend for a whole year.