Note

I wrote this fanfic when I was fifteen, so it's not the best. It has gone through a lot of changes over the years. Initially, it was published under the title "Forgotten" before I eventually changed it to "Faded Away". This was all on my previous fanfic account LisaEPotterFF. I was inspired by what happened to Ariana Dumbledore and came up with this story, which I wrote and published on Wattpad before there was anything public of the first Fantastic Beasts movie. After the movie came out and we finally had a lore around what happened to Ariana, I incorporated that into the story.

I've moved to this account now and have been working on a different fanfic which I am very excited about (Ginny Weasley travels back in time to the Marauder's era). Since all my Harry Potter fanfics belong in the same universe and you might want to read Faded Away before the Ginny one (not absolutely necessary though, just a recommendation) because there are references to Mary's journey, I am editing and reuploading Faded Away here. And I am never going to edit it again, no matter how much I look back on the writing and cringe.

One more thing, Faded Away and its sequel In the Shadows is now going to be morphed into one book, so this book will cover both her first and second year adventures which follow the same arc of Mary being an Obscurial. Happy reading!