for a while there, it was rough (but lately, i've been doin' better)

[Name] studied the creature before them, a sense of wonder washing over their face. "You're so cute..." they whispered, their eyes sparkling with the urge to reach out and touch the soft fur. The creature, Viximon, reminded them of characters from the latest Pokémon game they had played. Clutching the blue device they had picked up earlier, [Name] carefully slid it into their pocket for safekeeping.

Viximon's tail swished playfully, and she smiled sweetly at [Name]. "Go ahead," she encouraged, bringing her fluffy tail closer. [Name]'s face lit up with a wide smile as they began to gently stroke her tail. The soft contact helped ease their mind, a comforting distraction from the chaos that had just unfolded.

As [Name]'s fingers found their way through Viximon's soft, yellow fur, the small creature purred, clearly enjoying the affection. "Are you here alone?" Viximon asked, her tone cautious but friendly.

[Name]'s hand paused in mid-stroke, the question snapping them back to reality. "Oh." They glanced around, suddenly reminded of their fellow camp mates. "I was with some other people. Have you seen them, Viximon?"

Their heart sank slightly as they surveyed the unfamiliar surroundings. Nothing here looked remotely like the places their parents had taught them about. Though they had always been instructed to stay put if they got lost, [Name] couldn't shake the feeling that staying here might not be safe—even if Viximon seemed friendly, other creatures might not be.

Viximon sadly shook her head, seeing the worry etched on [Name]'s face, but quickly offered a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I can help you find your friends!"

"Would you really?" [Name] asked, a flicker of hope lighting up their eyes as Viximon nodded enthusiastically. Without warning, the small creature leaped into their arms, causing [Name] to let out a surprised "oof," but they caught her with ease.

Settling comfortably in [Name]'s arms, Viximon began to sniff the air intently. Her nose twitched as she inhaled deeply, trying to catch any familiar scents that might lead them to the others. As the moments passed, [Name]'s worry deepened with each passing second as Viximon continued her efforts.

"Viximon?" [Name] called out gently, hoping for some positive news.

The yellow creature hummed and finally nodded, her eyes lighting up. "I smell a human and a digimon nearby."

[Name] tilted their head, puzzled by a term they had never heard before. "Digimon?"

Viximon nodded again. "Short for digital monster, that is what I am," she explained with a hint of pride. "This world, the Digital World, is filled with creatures like me. Each one of us is different, and I'm here to be your partner."

[Name] made a sound of understanding, nodding as they mentally prepared for the journey ahead. "We should go look for the others then. In which direction, Viximon?"

"Just straight ahead, [Name]," Viximon directed with a confident nod.

"Got it." Clutching their partner a bit more securely in their arms, [Name] set off. It didn't take long before they stumbled upon Taichi, who was engaged in a curious conversation with a round pink creature.

[Name] stepped out from behind a bush, a smile spreading across their face at the sight of another human. "Good thing I found ya, Tai!"

Taichi spun around, startled, a sound of fright escaping him. "Oh, [Name]! You're here too?" He brushed a hand through his hair, his initial shock fading into relief.

[Name] nodded, their eyes drifting to the pink creature beside Taichi. "I am guessing that we aren't the only ones. Who's your new friend?" They gestured toward the Digimon with a tilt of their head.