ろくじゅうご | sixty five

もののけ | kaiju | monster

65

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains intense and distressing scenes involving physical and emotional abuse, non-consensual acts, and manipulation. Reader discretion is advised.

[TRUTH OF THE PAST]
PART 6

[A lengthy chapter ahead]

🔞

Kiyomi

"LET'S END THIS," I said, my voice cold and lifeless, even though I was screaming inside. The words felt like knives on my tongue, each one slicing me open, but | couldn't let him see that. I couldn't let him see how much it was killing me to say them. I couldn't look at him; I couldn't face him because I knew if I did, if I met his eyes even for a second, I would break. I would crumble, and every resolve l'd built would collapse like a fragile tower of glass.

I would give in. I knew it.

I'd see the hurt in his eyes, the confusion, the love, and I'd want to tell him everything. Tell him how proud I am that he's now a member of the Defense Force, how much l've missed him, how every night without him feels like a knife twisting deeper into my chest. But none of that is easy.

None of that is possible anymore.

Kazuya's voice echoes in my mind, a poisonous whisper: He would hate you. He would hate you with that monster inside you.

I want to believe it's a lie, but I know he's right.

Soshiro-kun would hate me if he knew what I was becoming, what was growing inside me, feeding on every dark thought, every shadow in my heart. I can't let him see that. I need to leave. I need to get away from everyone, take control of this thing inside me before it consumes me whole. Before it consumes them.

Because right now, all I can feel is the hunger—the thirst for blood. For death. The voice inside me, it keeps whispering, taunting, urging me to do unspeakable things, and I want to rip open my chest and tear it out.

Rip out this cursed thing that's clawing at my insides.

But if I do that, I would die. And maybe that would be better. Better than living like this, as this thing.

Is this him? The voice slithers through my mind, more alive than it's ever been. I can feel it creeping through my veins, scratching at my bones, seething with a vicious hunger I can't control. My body trembles as I fight to keep it down, to push back the rage building inside me. Not now, I beg silently. Not now. Not with Soshiro-kun here. I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Your lover? Oh, I want to rip his flesh...

"Don't you fucking dare," I whisper back inside my mind, my breath hitching, my heart pounding like a drum against my ribs. The voice chuckles, a low, sickening sound that sends shivers down my spine.