chapter 26 - neko or not (end)

before you read the last chapter, i wanted to say thank you for all the love and support on this book! even if you just read it, i still thank you! i love everyone that reads my stories, even if they are a bit cringey and crazy lol

-

"are you okay?"

katsuki jumped as his tail shot straight up from the jump scare. he turned and glared at mina and the rest of his friends. they all came and sat around him in the commons room. "i'm fine." he grumbled, settling back down on the couch. 

mina sighed and shook her head, "what's wrong? you can tell us, you know."

katsuki sighed too and crossed his arms, his ears folding against his head. he had been thinking about his mother recently. earlier in the day, his dad called him since it was wednesday and talked about how mitsuki was handling everything. she was still not happy, and it made katsuki worried. would she ever accept him?

"i came out to my mom." he finally explained. 

they all sat and let him think about what to say. they didn't want to interrupt this moment, since usually katsuki doesn't talk about his feelings and emotions. this was obviously something that was bothering him though, enough for him to talk to them about it. 

"...we went over to her house on the weekend." katsuki glanced at izuku, who was in the kitchen trying to cook. key word: trying. he continued, "she freaked the fuck out and still is being a big bitch about it. thankfully my dad is chill, but... for some reason i've always wanted her acceptance."

mina frowned. "bakugou, its completely normal to want your parents to accept you for who you are. i'm sorry that happened, but we are all here for you. you don't have to go through something like this alone." kirishima, denki, and sero nodded in agreement. 

katsuki scoffed with a small smile on his lips, relaxing a bit. now that he thinks about it, he's got all the love and support he needs right here, at u.a. all the teachers, his friends, his rivals who challenge him to be better. they all make him a better person, especially izuku, who has been attached to him since they were born. who never gave up on him and stuck through all the horrible times in his life. 

"thanks." the neko grumbled with a small, embarrassed blush on his cheekbones. "i guess you guys aren't too bad after all." he snickered.

mina rolled her eyes and pushed at his shoulder, while kirishima grinned. "we are the best, we know." he laughed. 

"yeah, what would you do without us?" denki teased.

"he'd probably never make it." sero went along with it, smirking as katsuki glared daggers at them both. 

"he has me, he'll survive." izuku smiled softly as he came up behind katsuki, putting his hands on the back of the couch. 

katsuki turned and smirked, "i wouldn't. you're actually the worst."

izuku rolled his eyes at his tsundere neko, before leaning over the back of the couch to steal a quick kiss. "not what you said last night." he whispered on his lips before pulling away, seeing the small pout and blush that katsuki wore. "anyway, i might have completely burned the entire pan to the point of no return..." he chuckled nervously, knowing that was katsuki favorite pan. 

katsuki growled suddenly with his ears pinned backwards, "my pan?"

"maybe..."

"you fucking deku! i'll kill you!" the neko pounced off the couch and ran after izuku. 

sero blinked, "wow, he really does love him." he muttered, referring to katsuki. 

mina sighed dreamily with a smile. "i know! it's so cute! i wish i had love like them..."

"its okay you guys! we have each other!" kirishima cut in, patting minas back as she sulked. 

denki sniffled and wiped his fake tears, "but kirishima, i want a lady!" they all rolled their eyes at him. "what? its true!"

-

"how the hell are you so bad at cooking? i don't understand... all of this." katsuki scowled, gesturing to the pan that had a chicken breast that was definitely not a chicken breast anymore. more like pure charcoal. 

izuku pouted and wrapped his arms around katsukis waist, pulling him to his chest. "i was distracted, okay?" he complained. 

the neko flicked his tail in izukus face, "you're always distracted, dummy. what was distracting this time anyway?"

"you."

katsukis face flushed a deep red as he huffed, his stomach doing somersaults and his heart skipped a beat. why did he still get so flustered over something so simple?! "fuck off, deku. i hate you." he murmured, snuggling back into his mates arms. 

izuku chuckled, smiling fondly at the lack of malice in katsukis tone. there was only warmth in his words. "i love you too, kacchan."

"whatever." katsuki muttered, relaxing in izukus arms as he stared at the burnt chicken in the pan. he smiled, a real genuine smile, because he realized he didn't need the acceptance from his mom to feel happy anymore. he had izuku, his dad, his teachers, and his friends. everyone pushed him to be better and that's what he was going to be. he was not going to dwell on the people who didn't believe in him or didn't accept who he is. 

he would continue to be the best friend, boyfriend, and hero he could be. neko or not. 

.

.

.

"you would still love me if i wasn't a neko, right?"

"no-pe."

"you are such a bad liar, deku. you're voice even cracked, just like in middle school."

"i would never lie... okay fine, yes i would still love you. and yes, i would still love you if you were a worm."

"fuck, i wouldn't love you if you turned into a worm. gross slimy shit."

"what?! you've got to be kidding, kacchan. you wouldn't keep me as a pet or something?"

"you really think i would keep you as a pet worm?"

"i mean... i keep you as a pet."

"...that's not fucking funny."

"come on! it was a good joke, kacchan."

"no, i would actually kick you in your balls if you ever said that again."

"but i thought you liked being my pet?"

"get a room!"

"shut the fuck up, pinky! you too, deku."

"fine fine, back to your original question... i will always love you, kacchan. even if you did something catastrophic, like rip my gold all might card."

"deku, that was 6 years ago."

"yeah, so? and even though you did something unforgivable, i still love you."

"oh my fucking god, whatever. i love you too, nerd."

.

.

.

well, that's the end! i'm sorry if it was so sudden and underwhelming, but like i said i'm still going to write neko!katsuki on my one shots book if you want some more of them together :)

i hope you all enjoyed this crazy fanfic that i started about 2 years ago lmao, and now only just finished it after i took a long ass break and came back since people loved it so much. it's been a journey!

comment whatever fanfic ideas you have for me, i would appreciate the inspiration!

i love you all, i'll see you in the next story!!! <3

1184 words (unedited)