CHAPTER 2

4. Gizelle: Gizelle is a minor character. She once worked and lived on the John Ranch. She was one of Ellie's friend, but got into bad ways and she got dismissed by Maria Beltran.

5. El Loco Manuel: is Ellie's father, who is found in Mexico by her friend Gizelle.

Continue Story......

The next morning, while John was servicing his truck, Maria suddenly started screaming at Ellie.

"He never wanted you around him!"

"I just wanna know why"

"Who cares why? The man is dead inside! He has no heart, no soul..."

John enters the house, worried about what happened in the early morning.

"What's going on?"

"She wants to see her father"

"Ellie, I thought we had an understanding"

"We did, but I'm sorry. I've been thinking about it all night and..., I just want answers now, not later"

Maria is so curious about things going on.

"How did you find him?"

"Gizelle helped me"

"She still talks to Gizelle, Gizelle is a Bad Girl!"

"She's changed!"

Maria is in fury now.

"No, she hasn't changed! I was very happy when she left!"

"Grandma she's trying to help me"

"He won't even remember you! He never behaved like a father! That man is more your father! Watching over you, protecting you. These last 10 years, he was the father. No El loco, mijita!"

John stands at the door, listening to the conversation between Maria and Ellie. He's worried that Maria might have exaggerated things and that Ellie might run away. He remains quiet, head down, and accepts everything Maria is saying to Ellie.

"Maria, go easy"

"No, why?"

As Maria is about to slap Ellie, John intervenes and says that they can talk calmly. He insists there's no need to shout at her, emphasizing that she's a young girl.

"He doesn't deserve to lay eyes on you! He never once went to the hospital when your mother was dying of cancer! One Christmas John had to pull him off your mother when he was beating her with belt!"

"That's enough!"

"I don't want you around that man! We're not letting you go to dangerous place"

"OK"

In that situation, Ellie was expecting John to take her side, and he didn't want her to go to that place. Maria is angry, John feels helpless, and Ellie is downhearted, struggling to control her tears. She cries and says,

"Yeah, you're right, I won't go. I'm gonna go to Antonia's"

"Ok"

"I'm sorry"

She left.

"It's alright. She's a kid"

John left to wash his horse.

Ellie is going to her car with bag pack.

"Uncle John! Sorry about everything earlier!"

"That's ok!"