Tiny Steps Forward (pt2)

Part 2 of Tiny Menace

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Nightmare sat on top of the chimney, watching Killer assemble the planches, he was building him a tiny house next to the fireplace with a cat bed next to it if Nightmare wanted to take a nap outside the house. It was his second day here, having fallen asleep in Killer's hood when he was showing him around, he woke up the next morning, on the couch and still in the hood, but without Killer.

Horror had been the first he saw as he was the only one awake. They had looked at each other before Horror hesitantly waved. It seemed like they were both as confused as each other regarding the current situation.

- You... hungry...?

Horror had asked. Nightmare slowly nodded, he hadn't eaten since at least twenty-four hours as Killer and he had left the shelter before lunch time, and his little cube of ham was merely a snack, not a meal. The bitty got up, but quickly realized that the couch was to high for him to jump from it. He looked up at the big skeleton. He was scary, but then again, it would be hypocritical to judge him based on how he looked, so Nightmare took a deep breath and held his tiny arms out for him. Horror looked at him for a minute, wondering what he wanted, before getting closer and carefully scooping the bitty in his hand, which was much bigger than Killer's. Nightmare curled his tentacles around the fingers for balance and sat on the palm as Horror straightened up, having bent down to grab him, he looked at the living room, seeing it much better with the new height. There were a big couch and an armchair in front of a fireplace with a TV sitting on it, a coffee table between the couch and chair, and on the right of all of that was a wooden dinning table with chairs.

Horror took him to the kitchen, putting his hand on the counter for the bitty to get down at his own speed. Nightmare stood on the marble counter, looking at the knives and pans hanging on the wall, he heard Horror going through the cabinets to gather some ingredients.

- Killer said... bitty food... for you...

Nightmare turned to him and nodded, he wondered if the big skeleton had trouble speaking ? At first he thought he was just unsure about interacting with him, but it seemed like there was something else... Horror grabbed a box, the one Nightmare thought contained material to kill and cook him, looked through it, and grabbed another smaller box with picture of different ingredients on it. He put it with the other ingredients already on the counter.

- What are you doing ?

Nightmare asked, quite curious about all of that. Horror moved his hands in the air, but all he earned from it was a confused look from the bitty. The big skeleton frowned, thinking for a bit before finding the right word.

- Cookies..

- Why do you speak like that ?

Maybe it was a bit rude to ask this like that, but Nightmare wanted to know.

- Dust said... aphasia... can't find... words..

Horror replied slowly, trying not to mess up his sentence too much.

- Was that sign language when you moved your hands ?

Horror nodded. Nightmare didn't understand sign language, he knew what it was because he had seen customers using it at the shelter, but he was never taught this language.

- Easier like that...

The big skeleton added before focusing on his ingredients and grabbing two bowls, one big and one smaller. Nightmare got closer and climbed on a small jar to sit and watch Horror cook. He let the bigger one prepare the cookie dough, using regular ingredients in the big bowl and special bitty ones in the other. Once the dough was done he took a hob and started separating the dough to shape the cookies on it. Nightmare jumped a bit when Horror pushed the little bowl near him and put the special dough in front of him. The skeleton didn't say anything, watching the bitty expectantly. Nightmare hesitated for a while before finally getting down from the jar, rolling up the sleeves of his sweater, and slowly detaching parts of the dough to make his own little cookies, glancing at Horror to make sure he wasn't doing anything wrong.