Untitled Part 13

The Next Day

I wake up feeling like today's gonna be different. Teruhashi's been creeping in on our vibe, but me and Saiki—we're solid. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. I get ready for school, still thinking about last night. That kiss on the cheek was nothing major, but it felt like a spark lit something between us. And judging by the way Saiki's been looking at me since then, I know he felt it too.

By the time I meet up with Saiki at school, he's already there, waiting for me like usual. He's got that calm, unreadable expression on his face, but I can tell he's thinking about something. I walk up to him and give him a little smile, trying to play it cool.

"Morning, Saiki," I say, leaning against the locker next to him.

"Morning, Y/n," he replies, his eyes meeting mine for just a second longer than usual. It's subtle, but I can feel the tension between us. Like something's changed.

We head to class, and everything's business as usual until lunch. That's when Teruhashi decides to make her move. She strolls up to our table, flipping her hair and flashing that fake smile like she's all that. I can feel her energy from a mile away, and it's nothing good.

"Saiki-kun!" she says in that sugary sweet voice that makes my skin crawl. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me for lunch today. We could, you know, talk about some... things."

Saiki glances at her, his expression completely neutral. "No thanks," he says flatly. "I'm good here."

Teruhashi blinks, clearly not expecting that response. She's so used to getting what she wants that when she doesn't, she doesn't know how to act.

I can't help but smirk. "Guess you didn't see that coming, huh?"

Teruhashi shoots me a glare, but she quickly covers it up with another fake smile. "Well, if you change your mind, Saiki-kun, I'll be around." She flips her hair one more time and walks off, but I can feel the jealousy radiating off her.

"Girl, please," I mutter under my breath, shaking my head. "She really thought she had it like that."

Saiki just gives me a sideways glance. "She's persistent, I'll give her that."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, well, she better watch herself. 'Cause I'm not about to let her mess with us."

After School

The rest of the day goes by in a blur, and by the time school ends, I'm ready to be done with it all. Me and Saiki head back to my place again, and as soon as we step inside, I can feel the energy shift between us. It's like the tension that's been building since yesterday is about to explode.

We drop the robot baby on the couch like always, but instead of sitting down, I turn to face him. I can feel my heart racing a little as I look at him, and I know he can sense it too.

"So, about last night..." I start, not really sure where I'm going with this.

Saiki looks at me, his eyes locked on mine. "Yeah?"

I bite my lip, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks. "I just... I don't know. That kiss—I didn't mean to make things weird. I just... I guess I felt like we're closer now. You know?"

Saiki steps closer to me, and I can feel the air between us getting thicker. "It wasn't weird," he says softly. "I didn't mind."

Before I can respond, he closes the gap between us, and suddenly his lips are on mine. It's not just a quick peck this time—it's deeper, more intense. I can feel the electricity between us as his hands slide down to my waist, pulling me closer.

I kiss him back, my hands tangling in his hair as I lose myself in the moment. It's like all the tension, all the stress from the past few days just melts away, and all I can think about is him. The way he feels against me, the way his lips move with mine—it's everything I didn't even know I wanted.

When we finally pull apart, we're both breathless. I look up at him, my heart still racing, and I can see the same look in his eyes that I'm feeling. This is real. Whatever's happening between us, it's not just about the baby project or our psychic abilities. It's something more.

"I didn't see that coming," I whisper with a small grin, trying to catch my breath.

Saiki just smirks, a rare expression for him, and pulls me closer again. "Neither did I."

We stand there for a moment, just holding each other, and for once, everything feels right. No Teruhashi drama, no robot baby to worry about—just me and him, in this moment.

But I know this is only the beginning. Things between us are about to get a whole lot more complicated, and I'm ready for it.

Later That Night

As we sit on the couch, I rest my head on his shoulder, feeling more at peace than I have in a while. We don't need words right now. We've got each other's thoughts, and that's enough. But I know tomorrow's gonna bring new challenges. Teruhashi's not done, and neither is the rest of the world.

For now, though, I'm just going to enjoy this—being close to him, knowing that whatever comes next, we're facing it together.