Disguised

Annabeth

(3 Hours Before Faking Her Death)

"Annabeth?" I hear Gaea's hiss in my ear.

"Yes, Lady Gaea?" I question.

"Have you found the boy?"

I sigh. I did see him. He was looking for me. He looks worse than ever before. He looked upset. "Yes, Lady Gaea, I saw him. I know what to do to get him on the right side. In exactly three hours and forty five minutes from now I need you to let out a terrible, awful, blood-curdling scream. I'm going to fake my death," I finish with a shaky breath, "Is this okay, Milady?"

"It is genius, my darling, but how will he know you are alive?" Gaea roughly inquires.

"Bianca. I will convince her to give Percy this note," I hold up my quickly scribbled note, "Can you make me look like someone else? I need a disguise."

"I will take care of the looks."

I feel myself changing. I run to the lake about five feet away and stare at my reflection in awe and wonder.

My hair is no longer blonde curls. It is jet black and straight resting just on my shoulders. My eyes aren't stormy gray anymore, they are magnificent electric blue. "What do I call myself?"

"Your name will be Amelia. You are a messenger sent from the gods, if she asks. Now. You must go."

I feel her presence disappear. Now is my only chance to save my Percy. I march off into the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~At Camp Half-blood~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing on the hill, after an hour and forty five minutes of searching. Waiting. Watching. Remembering my old home. How could I ever have been so stupid as to trust the gods?

Suddenly, I see Bianca making her way up the hill to me. "Hello," I call out as she reaches the top.

"Hello," she says cheerfully, "Do you need anything?"

"I actually came her to deliver this note. It is to go to Perseus Jackson in exactly two hours. Thank you," I finish and begin my trek back down the hill. Luckily, she does not call out for me. I turn around one more time and look at her, "This note is to be read only by Perseus." I reach the bottom of the hill and make a loop around in the Camp Half-blood woods. This is where I said to meet him. Come on, Percy. I need you.