Prologue

It has been over ten years since the Mockingjay Revolution started and failed.

It was a shame. We were so close to actually making a difference. However, I guess some things did change. From the rules of the games to the vigilant eyes of peacekeepers and security of the districts, there would be no chance of rebellion anymore. That's what the Capitol thinks, anyways.

After President Snow was poisoned and killed, a new president took his place soon after all the districts were back in order. Her name was President Falls. Some people thought that she was much kinder than President Snow due to her feminine touch. However, those people were from the favorite districts.

Falls was a young woman who had lived in the Capitol and admired the systemic workings of Panem. She thought it was brilliant how each district depended on each other. She eventually moved up on the Capitol scale and was well known and prominent. Her family was rich and drowned in their own wealth.

Once she see took over control, she demanded that every district were to be on lockdown at all times. She was disgraced and embarrassed of the rebellion. She thought it was a true lack of leadership of Snow and could've been avoided.

Ever since Panem was almost taken over by the rebels, peacekeepers took their job to an extreme. Like before, nobody was allowed outside of the districts. More peacekeepers were hired to guard the edges of districts so no one could even see outside the electric fences.

The new rules of the game included allowing the same gender within a district and the biggest one of them all, an unlimited amount of winners. This meant that the desired amount of winners had to split the riches evenly. This catch was the part that had drove the contributors to murder.

Year after year, there have been a small group of winners or sometimes even just one person, but each with blood on their hands. In the end, the games were still red and sick.

Now, each ten years of the games will withhold a "special twist" for ratings called The Decade Duels.

The eligible age didn't go down either. The awful arena conditions controlled by men with computers were still the same. The knives people threw at one another were still because of them.

No one seemed the same after the Capitol had recollected themselves. Everyone seemed more fake and plastic. More miserable and hopeless. They had given up. What was the point to try anyways? The Capitol was invincible now. With all the surveillance and fences made out of peacekeepers, no one could move out of place without death looking ahead of them.

13 was blown to bits until the bombs and bullets couldn't go any further into the ground. 13 was just rubble and dirt and so was every innocent person in it.

Of course, Katniss, Peeta, and the past victors could leave with their life. Katniss and Peeta have a kid now, too. His name is Cole. They live together in a small house in the rebuilt District 12, specialized in mining.

So here we are, another Hunger Games. This year's the 89th. More people to kill for riches and the Capitol's entertainment.

In the words of Effie, "May the odds be ever in their favor."