Battle for the King of the Inbetween

Blecker narrowed her eyes, staring at the half-breed Prince. "You call yourself a ranger, a king, and yet you cavort with destroyers, insects, against the people. You disgust me, and I plan to take your power from you and return it to the true king, not that laughing tyrant you call a friend."

Jeramie responded calmly, "Racules wears a crown, but his heart is that of a tyrant. He exiled his own brother, forcing him to become the very thing he despises—a tyrant to challenge a false king."

"Big words for the king of the monsters that attack in the night."

Blecker took out a phone as a voice boomed and a white line separated them.

~ Attention everyone! Attention everyone! The Galaxy Line is now arriving. Please stand behind the white line. Repeat. Attention everyone! Attention everyone! The Galaxy Line is now arriving. Please stand behind the white line.

Jeramie inserted a key into his Venomix gun as his royal theme started to play.

Blecker smirked, "I was always a sucker for a good standby loop."

Jeramie just smirked, "Royal Arms."

"ToQ Change!"

A white train flew by, obscuring Blecker's vision before circling around and transforming her into Wildcat form. Jeramie leapt back, encased in amber, and emerged as the Spider King.

~ Spider Kumonos
~ ToQ Cross Wildcat has arrived! Repeat. ToQ Cross Wildcat has arrived!

The pair dashed at each other, each seeking an opening. Spider used misdirection and smoke, slipping away to reposition. Wildcat tore through the webs, backflipping and changing forms—alligators, lions, eagles, pandas—each punch, evade, and tank executed with precision. But the spider got cocky, believing he had an opening, and pressed it, only for Wildcat to answer with a spin kick that knocked the changer from the spider's hand and into Wildcat's.

Wildcat chuckled, "Now how did that transformation go? Ah yes..."

Spider's transformation failed, and Wildcat returned to human form as she held up a key, a very familiar key. Jeramie patted his side, realizing it was gone.

"A little trick I picked up from my time with the lupines," Cross teases.

Jeramie sneered, "You're no king. The spider will never answer to you, so this is all just a game."

Blecker smirked, "Is it now? Shall we put that to the test?"

The familiar standby began, but Jeramie was unfazed. After all, there's no way this little thief could bend the ear of a god. There's no way this lowly thief was a king.

"Royal Arms!"

Jeramie was still confident, unconvinced, even as his spider flew to her, even as she was encased in his amber. For the briefest moment, her face reflected his before it was encased in the armor, and then all pretense fell away. She was a king. She was the king of The InBetween, but how? He was the king of The InBetween. She was just some lowly thief.

Spider Cross chuckled, and with mocking laughter, was enveloped in smoke as Jeramie's own changer laughed at him.

~ Ha ha ha, fake.

And like that, Jeramie was alone and powerless.