Chapter 1

|THURSDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2023|

Ross sighs deeply as he puts his phone away. It's confirmed she has a boyfriend. It's not like he didn't have a chance to make them official he did but he fucked it up again. It's all he seems to be able to do at the moment fuck up everything.

"Bro you good?" Rocky asks with concern as he watches his brother on the couch opposite him.

"She has a boyfriend, it's official" Ross sighs out. Rocky looks at him confused.

"Jaz? I thought you moved on from her?" Rocky questions.

"No Laura" Ross says rolling his eyes as he waits for Rocky to process what he has said.

"You're still hung up on Laura?" Rocky asks interested.

"I don't think I can ever fully move on from Laura no matter how hard I try" Ross says.

"Hey what about that girl you met when we were in Mykonos? Or didn't you get Indie's number when we were in Paris?" Rocky asks curiously.

"Yeah I did, me and Lilly literally just had casual sex no feelings involved, a one night stand kinda thing I guess. But the situation has just fucked things up for me and Laura I guess. Indie is great she just spends more time in Paris then LA which sucks, but maybe I should text her see when she is back in town. It could possibly help me try to move on, though ironically the guy Laura is now with is also called Ross" Ross says rolling his eyes.

"Ah damn, thats hilarious though dude maybe she isn't over you?" Rocky questions.

"No she isn't like she told me but she can't be with me because I fucked things up. Also she doesn't think I can do a whole committed relationship thing so I wouldn't be able to give her what she wants" Ross sighs pissed of with their situation.

Timing was finally fucking right for them, he broke up with Jaz Laura was in a better place after Thom and then he went to Europe and fucked it up. He spent his time hooking up with random girls as he was drunk, and now he has lost all her trust.

Laura told him back in March at the cast reunion she met Ross during her You tour she did last year but had turned him down due to her unofficial almost relationship situationship with Ross. Since August when they reunited in Denver Ross and Laura were in contact more, started with late night phone calls, late night beach walks and calls, secret hang outs/ dates and movie nights at Laura's.

The occasional kisses which always led to more and Laura waking up next to him most mornings. They just never became official. Laura was the reason he broke things off with Jaz, well mainly Jaz became insanely jealous of Laura and couldn't see him and Laura just being friends. They have never been just friends, no matter how much they denied it. Ross broke up with her in November. Laura then helped him with the break up, that's when they started to meet up more, secretly too. Only Ryland and Rocky knew. 

However according to Laura her and Ross can't be together as she thinks it's too complicated with him but with the other Ross it would be easier less pressure. She also knew he wasn't quite ready for committed relationship after his break up with Jaz but the other Ross was. He's fucked up in the past with her before back before their world tour as R5, almost 10 years ago, but this time it feels different. Like he really could have lost her because of his stupid mistakes.

"You know it's difficult with us travelling all the time" Rocky says feeling defeated for his younger brother.

"I know, I just thought I could prove too her it wouldn't be as difficult as she thought. Our official date we had in New York back in June was amazing and then I fucked it up over the summer and now have probably lost her. Honestly despite mine and Jaz' break up November to June we're amazing" Ross says with a sigh.

"Oh also she invited me to her album release party next Saturday but I can't go, because guess what we have a interview and band meeting. It's so damn frustrating, I wanna gain her trust or prove I am there for her when I can't because of the fucking band!" Ross almost yells his frustration coursing through him.

"Dude calm down, the band is our dream, stop" Rocky warns. Ross sits back down on the couch.

"I know it's difficult and Laura means a lot to you" Rocky starts

"She means the world to me but I could never show her that" Ross sighs.

"How about you do the interview and we will try and reschedule the meeting, pretty sure Ryland and of course Rydel wants to come with us and support Laura'' Rocky says with a smile. Laura is like a younger sister to him of course he wants to support her.

"Ok yeah maybe that would work, make sure no one tells her I'm going, though that's pretty easy since she's been ignoring my texts" Ross says sadly.

"It will work, don't worry dude" Rocky says trying to give his heartbroken brother some encouragement.

"Hey when did Rydel find out about me and Laura's unofficial situation ship thing?" Ross asks curiously as only Rocky and Ryland knew. Ryland first then he couldn't help it blab about it to Rocky one night when they working in the studio.

Honestly Ross didn't mind too much in the end as it meant Laura could hang out at their house as Rocky, Ryland and Ross all live together. Makes it easier to write as they have their own make shift studio. It was nice as they didn't have pressure to label what they were until he went off to Europe and she couldn't label them as she couldn't. Guess she was right though.

"She found out only last week, we said you didn't really wanna talk about it and that at the time you didn't want to put pressure on yourselves" Rocky explains feeling guilty for blabbing to Rydel.

"Ah fair enough, maybe we should have put more pressure on ourselves then maybe we wouldn't be messed up like this, I just can't loose her, I think I love her Rocky, I should have told her" Ross sighs feeling defeated and heartbroken. Hopefully it will work out.