Chapter 3

The Chou mansion was alive with the usual hustle and bustle, but today, there was an undercurrent of excitement that no one could quite place. Jihyo moved through the house with a secretive smile, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. She was the only one who knew the surprise that awaited her family.

The family gathered in the grand hall for dinner as the evening settled in. Dahyun and Tzuyu were engaged in their usual banter about campus life and upcoming exams. Chaeyoung joined in, sharing stories about his classes and friends. Taio and Ji Ah discussed business matters, while Halmani watched over her family with a contented smile, unaware of the surprise that was about to unfold.

Suddenly, the grand doors of the mansion swung open. The room fell silent as everyone turned to see who had arrived. There, standing tall and composed, was Chou Jeongyeon. He had been away for a long time, dealing with business overseas, and his unexpected return left everyone in stunned silence.

For a moment, no one moved. Then, with a cry of joy, Tzuyu sprang from his seat and ran to his elder brother, enveloping him in a bear hug.

"Jeongyeon Hyung! You're back!" Tzuyu exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

Dahyun followed, and then Chaeyoung, his eyes misty with emotion, embraced Shivaay. "We missed you, Hyung. It's been too long."

Jeongyeon smiled, holding his brothers close. "I missed you too, Dubu, Chaeng, Tzu. It's good to be home."

Ji Ah found herself in the corner of the grand living room with a glass of wine. Her usual demeanor, a slightly unsteady gait, and a faraway look in her eyes. She approached Jeongyeon and gave him a small hug before looking at him "You know, Jeongyeon...," she slurred, her voice wavering as she addressed her nephew. "I... I am so happy after a long time, It genuinely feels good... To have you back."

Taio looked at her with concern and frustration not wanting her to say anything. "Ji Ah, maybe you should sit down. You've said enough. Let others have their turn"

Ignoring his suggestion, Ji Ah continued, her emotions spilling over. "No, Taio. I need to say this. You... you need to fix things. For this family. For yourself."

Her words, though muddled, carried the weight of her pain and longing. She stumbled slightly, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, noticing her state, rushed to her side. Chaeyoung gave his mother support while holding onto her shoulders from the side, "Mom, let me help you. Come, sit down."

Ji Ah waved him off, her eyes brimming with tears. "No, Chaeng. I need to speak. I need to tell him. For all of you."

The family watched with a mix of sympathy and helplessness as the eldest daughter-in-law's emotions poured out, her drunken state revealing the depth of her struggles and the love she still held for her family.

Taio placed a hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder his face a mask of warmth and welcome. "Son, it's good to have you back, as you can see your auntie is a bit drunk, she's just saying nonsense," he said, his voice oddly smooth and kind.

Jeongyeon smiled, though he sensed something off in Taio's tone. "Komawa, Samchon" (Means Uncle). He caught Ji Ah's gaze, who was watching him as a maid escorted her to her room. "Komawa, Imonime. (Aunty) It's good to be home."

Taio placed a hand on his nephew's shoulder, his smile unwavering. "I'm sure you'll bring great things to the family business, as always." As he turned to leave for the office, his expression briefly hardened, revealing a flicker of discontent. He quickly masked it, turning back to the family with a genial smile. "Enjoy your evening, everyone."

Halmani's eyes filled with tears of joy as she hugged her grandson. "My Ostrich, you've come back to us. This house feels complete again."

The family gathered around Jeongyeon, bombarding him with questions and expressions of love. Jihyo stood to the side, her smile widening as she watched the reunion. Jeongyeon caught her eye and gave her a grateful nod, acknowledging her role in orchestrating this perfect moment.