Chapter 4: Funeral

——————————☂️——————————

Five stood in the kitchen grabbing a loaf of bread from the cabinet, the girl standing off to the side and the five of his siblings staring at them in shock.

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked.

"The 24th..." Vanya replied.

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

"So, are we going to talk about what just happened?" Luther asked.

Five ignored him and continued to lay four pieces of bread on a cutting board.

Luther stood up. "It's been 17 years."

Five looked up at him. "It's been a lot longer than that."

Five suddenly disappeared in a flash of blue light and reappeared several feet behind Luther to grab something off a shelf.

"Haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego wondered.

"The future. It's shit by the way." Five replied.

"Called it." Klaus exclaimed.

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five glanced at Klaus. "Nice dress."

"Oh, danke." Klaus thanked.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya inquired.

"We had to project our consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of ourselves that exists across every possible instance of time." The girl chimed in.

Diego looked at her. "That makes no sense."

"Well it would if you were smarter." Five snarked.

Diego stood up, but Luther held him back.

"Speaking of which, who is she?" Luther asked, nodding to where the girl was standing.

Five looked over at her then back at his siblings. "Oh, right. This is (Y/n). We were stuck in the future together."

(Y/n) gave them a small and awkward wave. "Hi."

The five of them awkwardly waved back. "Hey." They all said in unison.

"Wait, so how long were you two there?"

Five shrugged. "Forty-five years, give or take."

Luther stared at them in disbelief. "So, what are you saying? That you're both 58?"

"No, our minds are 58." Five corrected. "Apparently, our bodies are now 13 again. Delores kept saying the equations were off. Bet she's laughing now."

Five finished putting marshmallow and peanut butter on the bread and put them together to make two peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches.