5

I changed the character who plays Amala so don't be confused lol.

Vermont (2025): Amina Smith

"It is gorgeous out here" Kamala says as we step out into the backyard

"It is gorgeous out here" Kamala says as we step out into the backyard. I smile in gratitude at her words as I look around the place I call home and a sanctuary for all the animals living here. "Thank you, it took a while to get it like this, but it turned out pretty good I think" I say as we approach the pond where Amala is throwing peas at the ducks.

James taps her arm and she turns in our direction. "Ms. Kamala!" She shouts excitedly dropping the rest of the peas and running towards us. Kamala smiles in surprise as my daughter throws her arms around her waist in a tight hug.

"Hi Amala!" She says just as excited and I know she is going to have fun at the fact that my daughter is named after her

"Hi Amala!" She says just as excited and I know she is going to have fun at the fact that my daughter is named after her. As if that ego of hers needs to grow more. While the two start talking I motion James over to me and we step to the side.

"I might have to leave for a few weeks. I want to talk to you later about what I need you to do around here. I also would like Ryan to stay here while I am gone, she will be getting compensated for her time" I tell him while keeping an eye on my daughter who is leading Kamala to the ducks.

"Is everything okay?" He asks concerned. Before I can answer he comes up with his own, "oh my lord. Is that why the President is here? Why all these agents are here? You're going to jail. I knew you were a criminal look at this shit" he says motioning around at the land dramatically.

I roll my eyes, "I'm not a damn criminal, though if you keep getting on my nerves I am going to become one" I warn and he throws his hands up in surrender. This is why I need his girlfriend here because she has some sense.

"My bad boss" he says and I shake my head in amusement. "Mama can I help you show Ms. Kamala around?" Amala asks running up to me with Kamala trailing after her. "Of course you can Peaches" I say tapping the tip of her nose and she smiles widely.

Kamala looks at me with a smile and I am still suspicious of her. She is being a little too nice, but she does need my help so that could be the reason. Or she is genuinely over what happened and I...don't know how to feel about that.