Chapter 7-

Arshiya's POV:

I couldn't focus on my notes anymore. Thirty minutes of studying was enough for me. I sneaked a glance at my phone and started scrolling through Instagram. Shehreyar looked up, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Hey, focus," he said, his voice calm but firm.

I grinned sheepishly. "Just taking a break, Topper."

He raised an eyebrow. "A break from studying or a break from reality?"

I chuckled and continued scrolling. "Both, maybe?"

Shehreyar didn't laugh or smile. Instead, he looked at me.

"Hey, look at this!" I exclaimed, showing him a cat video. "Isn't it cute?"

Shehreyar's expression softened slightly. "I had a cat once, but she passed away. Now I have a dog."

"Oh, what's your dog's name?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Shadow," he replied, his eyes gazing off for a moment.

I squealed. "That's adorable! I have a cat named Coffee. She's the cutest thing ever. You should get a cat, Topper! They're so cute and affectionate..."

Shehreyar sighed, his eyes rolling heavenward. "Miss, focus. We have a lot to study."

But I was undeterred. "Oh, come on! Cats are amazing. I'll send you pictures of Coffee, and you can see how cute she is. Maybe then you'll consider getting one..."

Shehreyar gave me a look, his patience wearing thin. "Arshiya."

I grinned mischievously. "Fine, fine. But just one more video..."

I scrolled through my feed and landed on a juicy celebrity gossip reel. "Oh my god, Topper, have you seen this?" I asked, eyes wide with excitement.

Shehreyar raised an eyebrow. "Seen what?"

"About Emily's latest scandal!" I said, diving into the details. "Apparently, she was spotted with not one, but two different guys at the same party. And get this, one of them is her co-star from her latest movie!"

Shehreyar gave me a look, his expression a mix of amusement and annoyance. I ignored it and continued.

"And remember that time she was rumored to be dating that famous musician? But it turned out she was just using him for publicity? I mean, I love her music, but her love life is just so dramatic!"

Shehreyar shook his head, his eyes fixed on me with a hint of disbelief. "focus. We have exams coming up."

I waved my hand dismissively. "I know, I know. But just one more minute, Topper! It's just so fascinating, don't you think?"

Shehreyar's look turned into a stare, his eyes boring into mine as if trying to will me back to reality. I giggled and continued watching the reel, knowing I was getting under his skin.

Shehreyar's expression turned to exasperated. "Arshiya, that's it," he said, his voice firm but controlled. "We're here to study, not gossip about celebrities."

I looked up, still grinning. "Just one more minute, Topper, I promise!"

But Shehreyar was done. He reached out and gently took my phone from my hand. "No more Instagram, Arshiya. We have work to do."

I pouted, feeling a bit deprived. "Fine, fine. But you're so boring, Topper."

Shehreyar raised an eyebrow. "Boring? I'm trying to help you pass your exams. You're the one who's being distracting."