Number Two

I felt four pairs of eyes staring me up and down.

"Look people, I don't know any of you," I said looking around the room. My eyes traveled between their faces and took in their features.

The boy next to me cleared his throat. "Now, that's just not true," he exclaimed with a slight smirk plastered on his face. I turned to him, my face burning up a little. Five just took a second look at me and another low chuckle left his throat.

"Maybe it's funny to you, Five, but do you care to tell us what the hell she is doing here?" the guy sat on the couch snapped suddenly. He raised to his feet and started walking in my direction, his hand reaching into his back pocket pulling out a small knife. Our eyes met for a very long moment. Out of instinct, I backed away but before he could come any closer, the boy stepped from behind me and stood in between us. I felt his left hand softly touching my side and froze.

"There's no need for this, you maniac," Five said through clenched teeth as the other guy was still stubbornly standing extremely close to him, his left hand wrapped around the knife. He glanced at me, cowardly hiding behind the boy in front of me. A sigh left my lips as he finally took a step back and raised his hands in the air, dropping the weapon back into his pocket.

"Now, that we are passed their stupid games," I heard Five say as he stepped to the side, allowing me to see all the faces in the room again. The man gave me an angry look which I tried my best to ignore.

"Let me introduce you to my family," the boy said and my eyes widened, making sure I heard him right. As if he could read my mind, he spoke again. "We're a little dysfunctional," and to his amusement, a sarcastic chuckle left my lips.

"This one," he continued, pointing to the guy who was fully ready to stab me two minutes ago. "That's Diego," I gave him a double glance, as I took in his features. He was pretty tall, definitely taller than Five. His hair was cut short, with almost buzzed sides, and he had a scar across the right side of his face. After eyeing him up and down, I decided he was probably one of the most handsome men I had seen. Unfortunately, he sensed my gaze on him and smirked.

Five ignored the whole interaction as he moved on to the next person. A woman that was before sat next to Diego. She had long, curly hair, and darker skin. This made it even more confusing to me how they were one family since every single one of them seemed to have a completely different background.

"Allison," she exclaimed her hand before Five could introduce her to me. I smiled and accepted her gesture. She seemed the most normal so far.

"Well isn't that just adorable?" another voice sounded from behind us. I noticed how Allison just rolled her eyes at the comment. "The fam is back together," the guy I saw holding now an empty whisky bottle in his hand said. "Well, and you," he added, pointing at me using the hand he was holding a glass with. 'You, I'm not sure who you are," the confusion on my face was easily readable as I wasn't even sure what to say either. I didn't know who I was to those people

"Klaus, just sit down," Diego said, walking up to him and grabbing his arm to lead him to the couch. I watched as the man was dragged across the room, barely able to stand straight, yet never breaking eye contact with me. "That's it, buddy," the sober man situated his brother on the couch carefully, turning to me for a split second with the same unbothered smirk.

"I'm Luther," I heard from a familiar voice behind me. I turned around to be met with the same giant man I stumbled upon at the front door. His face looked so friendly it almost made me mad. He was smiling down at me like he was too shy to say anything else to me. I gave him a lopsided smile and looked away.