five ;

she will be loved - maroon 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

macie pov!

arriving at the door, i fumbled with my keys for about 20 seconds before arthur took them from my hands, slightly giggling at my current state, and unlocked the door. as we walked through, my knees were so close to collapsing. luckily, arthur noticed.

'may?'

'arthurrrrrrrrr?'

'do you wanna get on my back? you look like you're about to fold like a deck chair.'

'ruuuuudee, but yes please..' he laughs at me. his laughs kinda cute. his hairs kinda cute. his smiles kinda cute. 

he's really fucking cute.

'ok im dropping you in the bathroom and helping you take your makeup off cause if you don't you'll kick yourself in the morning.' he says, dropping me on the bathroom counter, next to the sink.

'why do you know this stuff?'

'i have many, many sisters.'

he grabs the micellar water and cotton pads out of the cupboard, slightly separating my legs and stepping in the gap so he can get closer to my face. 

i wanna kiss him. but i haven't seen him in years so like that's bad. i can't. not yet. it's not the right time. considering we both know i put a lot of vodka and cherry sourz in my purple rain.

i'd be lying if i said i hadn't thought about him since high school. or if i said i hadn't thought about him since last week. i think about him a lot. he genuinely mesmerized me in high school, and looking at him now made me fall for him even more. he's genuinely the most handsome, genuine boy i've met in a while.

when he finished taking off my makeup, i had a random urge to do something with him.

'ARTHUR!'

'may!?'

'face masks.'

'no.'

'pleaseeee, for mee,' i said, sticking my bottom lip out at him like a child.

'you're lucky you're cute,' he says, reaching to put the micellar water back and get the tub of cucumber face mask out from next to it.

'you have to do it for me though or i'll get it everywhere.'

'i swear to god may, if you move whilst im doing this,' he says, delicately moving his index and middle finger along my face with the cold face mask on them.

'cold.'

'it'll warm up, give it a second,' i could look at him for days, he's such a gorgeous man. 'may.'

'hm?'

'don't stare at me like that.'

'but you're pretty,' i said, looking up at him as he paused and sighed.

'you have no idea what you're doing, may.'

'show me what i'm doing.'

'don't.'

'hm?' 

'if you're saying what I think you're saying, you're drunk, so no.'

'okay arts.' i look up at him with a smile while he puts the last part of my face mask on.

'done.' he says, while finishing his.

                                                                          ------------------