six ;

wonderwall - oasis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

macie pov

i slowly woke up to stretch my arm backwards to the ,usually, cold right side of my bed, only to feel a person next to me. my arm hitting him caused a slight grunt to come from his lips, but i didn't hit him hard enough to wake him.

i slightly peeked over to double check that the person lying in my bed was who i thought it was.

yep. arthur.

funnily enough, i'd just woke up from a dream, he was in it, but i can't fully recall what the dream was about. only remember arthur being part of it.

i turned to my other side, keeping arthurs left arm underneath my neck, and right around my waist, which i'm guessing is the position we fell asleep in.

he probably did it by accident.

when i turned, i felt something hard moving as arthur unconsciously adjusted himself, moving closer to my waist, in the small amount of space between mine and his hips.

oh! my phone case.

i looked slightly further down to  the space in-between my calves and arthur, seeing the actual phone, i picked it up to see 'iphone unavailable. try again in 30 minutes.'

'fucks sake!' i shout, forgetting someone's sleeping next to me. 

i hear a faint 'mh' come from arthur, meaning i probably woke him up.

'arthur?'

'mhm?' he drags out.

'sorry.'

'what?'

'i woke you up,' i say softly, turning to him.

'don't be silly,' he says whilst slightly smiling at me and rubbing his eyes with the hand he'd just removed from my waist, 'what time is it?'

'i don't know. phones disabled for half an hour.'

'mh, right,' he paused, then raised his eyebrows,' oh, by the way, i wasn't snooping, but you fell asleep and your phone went off and you might wanna talk to lyla when she gets back.'

'what? why?'

'ill leave that up to her to tell you,' he says, slowly getting up to put his shirt back on from last night, which he soon realised had black stains on.

'fuck,' he laughs.

'what's the black shit?' i questioned.

'you don't remember?'

'nope.'

'we were in your bathroom for ages and you randomly just asked me to do a face mask with you.'

'did i do anything else, like, weird, cause i barely remember anything not gonna lie.'

'um,' he hesitated for a second, 'not really.'

'hm, good,' he smiles gently at me then looks down at his phone, eyes wide when he looks.

'macie it's 1:54.'

'shit, actually?'

'yes. actually. i have loads of messages from flo.'

'flo?' i questioned.

'oh, my roommate.'

'ohh okay, for a second i got scared then.'

'why?'

'cause i thought flo was like, your girlfriend or something.'

'why, would that be an issue?' he says, smirking and raising one eyebrow at me.

'um, considering you've been in my bed shirtless with your arms around me, yes arts.' 

'oh- well, fair enough,' he partly drops his smug facial expression, 'sorry if that was weird by the way.'

'no it's fine, i was kinda comfy,' i smiled at him, getting a wider smile back.

'so was i, to be fair. i think i'm gonna have to head off though, flo's gonna have more questions the longer i take.' we both turn our heads in sync seeing my bedroom door unlock.

'afternoon lovebirds, sleep well?' lyla says, smirking as she looked back and forth between the two of us.

'yes, thank you very much lillian monroe.'

'hey, watch it, mackenzie avery russell.'

'too far.'

'well, when i came in earlier you were both fast asleep. could've poured freezing water on you, but i didn't. very demure of me, no?' she smiles at me.

'what time did you get back last night?' i say, and her face drops.

'um- did you not see my message?'

'no.. arthur?'

'im keeping my mouth closed.'

'WHAT? arthur.. did you see my message.'

'yes, but your secrets safe with me,' he grins, reaching to put his phone that had been idle in his hand in his pocket.

'better be,' she jokingly (i hope) threatens.

'it is. right, i'm gonna go so flo doesn't lock me out.'

'wait-'

'hm?'

'do you not want like, breakfast or anything?'

'no may,' he again, smiles at me, 'i'll be fine.'

'okay, i'll see you soon, yeah?'

'hope so,' he says, walking out with a smile, lyla walking over and sitting on my bed as he leaves. as he shuts the door behind him, i begin questioning lyla.

'what was your message then? arthur wouldn't tell me.'

'so, um- god it's so embarrassing I don't even wanna say,' she gives herself a partially disgusted look, 'so i stayed at george's last night, and i don't know why, but let's just say i saw him in a whole new way.'

'what like you like him? funny,' i laugh, until i realise she's not joking when she just doesn't respond. 'lyla?' again, no response.

there's a knock at the front door that i didn't even acknowledge before I reacted.

'LYLA YOU LIKE GEORGE?'

'shh, someone's at the door mace! but i think so? not much, cause like, i hated him for ages and spending one night with him won't make me fall head over heels, but i just never saw him the way i did yesterday. plus, he's quite fit.'

'i knew you wouldn't hate him forever. right, i'm gonna go get the door.'

'okay.'

as i leave my room and approach the door, i hear a familiar voice shouting outside for me to open the door. and then i also realised those doors are not sound proof at all.

as i unlocked the door, i saw the face that matched that familiar voice.

'hi, george.'

'hey, mace. are you busy? we need to talk.'

--

kind of just need to get something out so i can get onto the good part ngl

tysm for getting this to #13 in arthurtv so quick that's insane