Chapter 1 

In outer space, a fleet of ships was heading towards the planet Conventia, where the next phase of Operation Impending Doom would be announced by the Almighty Tallests. "Welcome, brave Irken soldiers, to Conventia, the convention hall planet. Please proceed to the docking bay and take the complementary teleporters to the planet's surface," the announcer said as the Irkens began teleporting to the planet's surface.

"Be sure to visit the gift shop for all kinds of cheap, useless stuff. If you are here for the Great Assigning, please remember where you parked and proceed to the main convention hall," the announcer continued. As the Irkens teleported to their designated locations and marched in, a robot figure above the entrance repeatedly chanted, "Galactic conquest is near!" The announcer added, "Now wiggle your antennae in salute because here they are, your all-knowing, all-powerful leaders, the almigggghty Tallests!" As the stadium lights dimmed, laser beams aligned to spotlight the area where the Tallests were about to appear. A platform began to descend, revealing Tallest Red and Tallest Purple.

"See? I told you they would love lasers," Red said, nudging Purple with a smirk.

"Everything is lasers with you. I'm telling you, smoke machines are what the people—Ah!" Purple was cut off as a laser hit him directly in the eye, causing him to fall over in pain. The Irkens cheered for their leaders once more.

"Welcome, mighty Irken soldiers. You are the finest examples of military training the Irken army has to offer. Good for you," Red said, looking around at the soldiers before pointing to the Irkens behind him. "Standing behind us, however, are the soldiers we've chosen for roles in one of the most crucial parts of Operation Impending Doom II!" The screen behind the leaders displayed a map of the galaxies where each invader was assigned, and the crowd cheered.

"You and the audience get to sit and watch," Red added.

"You should've tried harder!" Purple chimed in.

Tallest Red looked back at the soldiers and continued, "These superior ones," but was interrupted by Purple trying to step in front of him. "Not quite as superior as us, of course."

"Duh," Red replied, stepping back in front of Purple to regain the spotlight. He continued, "These less superior but still quite capable soldiers will each be assigned to an enemy planet."

Purple took over. "And you will blend in with the hideous native inhabitants," he said. Red then approached the soldiers, adding, "All while gathering crucial information, assessing the planet's weaknesses, and making it vulnerable to our big spaceship gang."

"The Armada," Purple finished Red's sentence.

"Now let the assigning begin!" The crowd was silent for a second until an Irken in the very back row let out a "Woo!"

"Step forward, Invader Lard," Purple said as an Irken marched up to the platform to meet his leaders.

"Ah, you seem to have grown since you last stood before us, soldier," Red complimented.

"You've been assigned to the planet Blorch, home of the Slaughtering Rat People," Purple said.

"Why would you draw that?" Lard asked, his eyes tearing up a little.

"However, because of your increased height, we've decided to give you the planet Vort, home of the universe's most comfortable couch," Red said, changing the assignment.

"Yes!" Lard exclaimed, pumping his fist in excitement. Tallest Purple handed him a small tablet with details about the planet, and Lard left with a joyous look on his face. The Tallests then called up the next invader, Invader Spleen, and "ooh'd" at him as they noticed a small band-aid on his forehead.

Meanwhile, in space, Tak was rushing to the convention hall, frantically saying, "Not now! I cannot be late! I've come so far!" as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel. Flying up to where the ships had docked, she parked her Spittle Runner and ran along with her SIR unit, MIMI, into the transporter.

"At last, Invader SK—"

"MY TALLEST!!" an annoying voice interrupted Tallest Red. He looked around to see the Irken who had caused so much trouble on their home planet—Zim. The little invader scrambled onto the platform, panting. "Sorry I'm late, my Tallests. I didn't get the invitation," he said.

"You weren't invited at all, Zim. Guards, take him away," Purple commanded. The guards approached Zim with spears, hoisting him up as he struggled to break free.

"My Tallests, why are you doing this to me? I just want to know what my mission is! Don't do this to Zim!!!" he continued to ramble until his voice was cut off as he was taken to a different room. There, he could still see the Tallests, but only on a TV screen. As Red was about to resume, another Irken interrupted—Tak. She marched up with her SIR unit to greet her leaders.

"So sorry I'm late, my superiors. I'm awaiting my mission," she said. The Tallests were surprised to see her and exchanged glances, trying to figure out how to get rid of her. Realizing it wouldn't be easy, they handed her a sandwich.

"This is my mission? To figure out what's in the sandwich? I want a real mission, please, my righteousness," Tak pleaded.

Red and Purple, sweating nervously, looked at her and then at each other. Purple finally broke the ice. "Alright, we've got a mission for you. I'll show it to you on the map," he said, tracing a talon across the map to find a planet for her to invade. After a few short seconds, he found one—a sticky note with a question mark in the middle. "Right here," he said. "This will be your mission."

As Zim watched this, he balled up his claws into fists. Still restrained, he seethed with anger as he saw the Tallests give Tak a mission. "Nobody takes Zim's mission. NO ONE TAKES HIS MISSION! NO OOONNNNNEEEE!!!" Shock "Shut up, defective," one of the guards said as they shocked him. From that moment, Zim vowed that if he ever got out, he would find Tak and exact his revenge.

Back on Earth, a big-headed boy named Dib Membrane was on his roof with his transmission device. He took off his headphones in disbelief after hearing the transmission. Muttering under his breath, he said, "They're coming." He jumped off the roof, grabbing onto a water pipe, and swung into an open window, landing in the kitchen sink. Soaking wet, he climbed out of the sink and saw his sister Gaz inspecting the fridge for her pizza. Her suspicions were confirmed—it was gone. "Dib ate my last pizza. He will pay," she thought, silently clenching her fist in rage as Dib slowly backed away.

Dib rushed to his father, Professor Membrane, tugging on his lab coat. "Dad, they're coming! I heard them! I actually heard them! I was up on the roof, and I picked up this transmission!" he said, worried.

"Shhh, not now, son. I'm making electricity sounds toast," his father replied, preoccupied. Dib looked at him with a weird expression, then ran back to his sister.

"Gaz, they're coming. They really are," he said.

She asked, "Who's coming, Dib?"

"I. Don't. Know," he replied, looking off into the distance.

Back with Tak, she got back on her ship and set a course for the secret planet. "Okay, MIMI, we've been given a mission, and we cannot mess this up. We promised our leaders we'd succeed," Tak said as she continued piloting the ship. Her robot saluted. She engaged the ship's light speed, traveling faster than the speed of light. Proximity warning, planet ahead, her ship announced.

"Alright, we're already here. Now we need to find a place to set up our base, and we've got to blend in with the locals," Tak said, smirking evilly.