C H A P T E R S I X

A M I L A   T O G U

"Do you have his number?"

"Amila," Jonga exclaims as Khanyisa gets off his lap.
Shamelessly, she folds her arms, "Langa's number?"

"First things first, huh? Good morning, sister dearest. How are you?"

"Jay, I don't have time for this."

"I am good thank you," Khanyisa kisses her husband before leaving his office, who animatedly stares at her ass as she walks out.

"Ew!"

"That's my wife. I am allowed not like you, shagging my best friend and getting pregnant for him."

"I want his number."

"What for?"

"He's my supposedly fiancé. Shouldn't I communicate with him unless you want to take my place?"

He laughs, "Nah, I'll pass."

He scribbles on a note pad before handing the note, "Thanks."

"You alright though?"

"I am fine."

With that she walk out.

Dialing the number on the paper, she cuts him off as he greet, "Meet me at Savoy, Nandos in 30min. We need to talk."
Not bothering to listen to his reply, she ends the call.

Langa makes it early, which surprises her that he does considering the manner in which she ordered him to come.
However he looks none too pleased about being summoned.
"Don't do that again, Amila." He orders taking a seat across her, "I am not your laity."
Glaring, she leans into her seat, "Lets not waste each other's time. You know why I called you here , right?"
His jaw ticks, "It must be about the marriage."
"Mm, it is. I don't want it."
"You have no choice." He says, eyes hard.
"I am not interested in you— not anymore. I have a boyfriend who I adore and this," gestures with her fingers, "between us is nothing but an alliance forced upon me."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"If we marry, we'll live separate lives."
"So you want this to be a marriage of convenience? No commitment to one another?" His eyes turn violent with each description, an unsettling jealousy looming over them.

I do not care.
He could huff and growl for all he wanted.

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"A loveless marriage? Isn't that what we are entering into now? You and la wa maxhego forced my hand, that's the only reason why I am accepting this."

"I don't see it as that."

"Then you're blind."

"Am I, really?"

"Yes." Her eyes are knifes, sharp and pointed, "I want something simple and intimate for the wedding. Only families are to be involved."

She still needs to tell Mattie.
With how high profile are families are, the last thing she needs is him finding out through the media that she is engaged or getting married.

How would she tell him?

How?

"That's not possible."