C H A P T E R T H R E E

L A N G A L E T H U M A J E K E

RECAP:

It took a minute to snap out of his thoughts.
By then, Amila was already heading for the front door.

"Wait, Amila!"

She continues, headstrong until he clasps her wrist, pulling her back.

"I shouldn't have come here," she utters more to herself than anyone, looking at him— everything nasty, insulting and depraved wants to come at him.

What infuriated her more was her heart.
How it races.
How it couldn't recognize that he is the traitor that left her— without as much as a text.

"Please wait."
Calmer and lower, "I've been waiting for you."

"Leave my wrist."

Letting her go, "Uxolo. I wanted to talk to you."

"Wenzani ngoku kanti?"

Taken aback by the attitude, certainly she has never been the softest of girls but the hostility in her tone, facial features spells nothing good.

"Okay, I deserve that."

He deserves a whole more— the raised brow say.

"I don't have the whole night, Majeke. Thetha."

Majeke?

"Um—," he stutters, clearing his throat, "What if we sat down?"

Langa crumbles, his courage and the practiced apologies leave his mind ar her hard gaze.

"For ntoni? Didn't you say you want to talk or does your mouth shut down when you're standing?"

He looks at her, laughs and steps back, "I don't think we should tal—,"

"Undiqhela kakubi nje. Uhlale undilindise for ububhanxa bento engekhoyo. Ucing'ba ungubani na wena? Just because you're from overseas doesn't mean every one of us has t—,"

He kisses her.

Swallowing up the cursing that would surely follow.

Pushing against him, she retaliates to no avail. His arms— strong and robust hold her in place and reluctantly, hesitantly succumbs to his lips.

Amila was kissing Langalethu.

That thought gives her strength to push away, followed by a sizzling hot slap that has him tilting to the side.

"You left me."
She snarls, eyes ablaze, "without so much as text or phone call after you fucking took my virginity and the first thing you do is having your tongue down my fucking throat?! You're scum— a really disgusting scum. You son of a b*tch."

As she speaks he tries to apologize, "I didn't know it would be for long. I am sorry Mila— what?! Don't speak about my mother like that."

She pushes him off her path, stalking to her car.

"Amila."