C H A P T E R S E V E N

A M I L A  T O G U |

"Where's my yoghurt?"
"Your yoghurt?," stealing a kiss from her lips, she lets him enter.
"Yes. Ana called you earlier."
"You put her up to that? I should've known. Where's the Princess?"
"Matty!!"
"Here's my little princess!"
Ana giggles, spun around by her favorite uncle.

The little girl rushes up to him, arms extended out and he whisks her up.

"My you've grown."
Ana grins up at him, "Where's my pizza?"

"Ah," he steals a glance at Amila, "like mother like daughter huh? Food comes first to you two."

He sets her down.
"The delivery will be arriving any minute now."
"I am starved," complains Amila, plopping on couch, eyes set on Matty.

He gives her a moment, "Why didn't you cook?"
"Didn't feel like it."
"You weren't hungry then."
Amila scowls, "I've been busy typing my presentation."

He hums, "Mm."
"Matty, do you want to come have tea with me?"
"Tea?"
She nods eagerly, pulling on his arm, groaning and yet follows tiredly to do the little girls bidding.

The tea party consisted of Ana, her Barbie doll, a big teddy bear that Matty had gotten her for her birthday and Matty himself.

Along the process, the pizza was delivered and they had dinner.

Ana pulled Matty to watch Zig and Sharko where she dozed off in the process.

Her mother, Amila was left to her typing in amidst of their binging session.

"Is she asleep?"
"Yeah," he looks up at her, "Where's she going to sleep? I will take her."
"Uh," she sighs, rubbing her temples, "You're not staying over, are you?"
"Do you want me to?"
Amila watches him, sighs as she leans on the couch.

She'd missed him— terribly.
Which was off now that she thought of it. It had not been long since they last spent time together.

She nods.
He smiles, "I wasn't going to leave anyway," he stated, getting up with Ana on his arms, "I will take her to the bedroom. We can sleep here."
"On the couch?"
He nodded, "We'll fit."
"I doubt it," she says looking down at the empty space, "This can only fit my body— not another person."

Amila was thick— a good and comfortable thirty six.

"We'll fit."

He said with certainty, disappearing towards her bedroom.

He comes in a few minutes later, "Or we can head over my place."
"And leave my daughter alone?"
"She won't wake up."
"No," she said firmly, shaking her head, "We'll just try to squeeze ourselves in here."

"Or she could sleep on the couch?"
She glared at him, "That's not an option either," sighing as she sat, he follows along taking her legs on his lap.

Amila wanted her child to be comfortable, it was after all her mothers place.
Yes, she wanted Matty to be with her—- for her own selfish reasons but that didn't mean she would inconvenience her growing daughter for her fleshly desires.

"Want to watch a movie?"
She shook her head, "I want you on me."
He shook his head, eyes slightly wide with shock, "Bad day?"
"You have no idea," she sighed, eyes downcast.

"Talk to me."

She glanced at him, sighed.

Where would she start?
How did anyone begin to explain the predicament that she was in?