Chapter 5: Unexpected guests and love of poems

Lameehas POV

"And that's how it started, the tale of Romeo and Juliat. Any questions class?" "Lameeha, I would like to see you after class." "Yes ma'am." I say,snapping back into reality. Was I in trouble? I didn't do anything. And there the bell goes. "I'll wait for you outside." Says Layyana. I smile in response.

Gathering my books, I see that I'm being watched by the new kid. I think his name is Mikael. "Something wrong?" I ask,trying to be as polite but straightforward as possible. "Nothing." And then he leaves. That was odd. "Ma'am,you need to speak to me?" I ask,approaching the teacher. "Yes. You missed out alot of work,your parents explained to me the situation. Here is a summary of everything we did these two weeks. " She hands me a file,a bit big, but that's expected. "Thank you ma'am. " I say as I leave. She gives me a soft smile,one which is rarely shown. She's not the most affectionate teacher,but it's understandable with her rough past.

She would seem to be the type of person who doesn't care at all,but it's quite the contrary. I think it's more she has a hard time expressing her feelings,even though if you search deep into her eyes you can see all the love hidden. I think that's what we all are,just a bunch of broken souls,each of us hurt one way or another. Nobody can deny the pain in their hearts,no matter how "perfect" they're life is.

"I think Mikael likes you!" Says Layyana,with a smug look on her face, as I walk out of the class. "Uhm no, you're crazy. " "I saw how he looked at you...come on you can't keep on rejecting all the guys because of Zaheer." "Yes I can, plus I'm pretty sure I caught him staring at you in class." Wait a second...is she blushing!?!? "Gurl you like him!?!" "No I don't!" She really can't lie to save her life. "Sure,let's go future Mikael's wife." And now she is as red as a tomato. Atleast now I can tease her about something instead of her having all the fun. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to write on for my English assignment...

~~~♡~~~

Love is the opposite of hate,they all say. But love contains feelings, so shouldn't the opposite of love be... no feelings at all? Apathy. That's the opposite of love. Not just because it contains no feelings,but because it's loneliness. It's being on your own,with a big hole in your heart,one that may never be filled.

Typing in these words brought tears to my eyes. This is just my introduction on this assignment,and it's already destroying me. The topic was to write about a certain misconception of out time relating to romance,and what better misconception could there be rather than the misconception of the concept itself?

Maybe it will be replaced one day,but it can never be full again. The heart of a pure soul is made of glass, and once that glass shatters it can never be the same again. It can be fixed,but it will never be the same as before.