CHAPTER 4

"Unless you want to be eaten."

Cold blood rushing through my veins, goosebumps everywhere yet I suddenly  feel hot in the inside even though his office is fully air-conditioned.

I should be running out by now but I couldn't. And I actually find it hot when he said that.

"Becky Patricia Armstrong, wake yourself up!" Said by my inner self as my mind is not functioning well.

He is staring at me seriously and so did I. I can smell his fancy perfume even though he is ten feet away from me.
No one dares to speak as we we're both lost for a moment.

"Sir, uhm..about earlier I really am sorry and also for being late on my first day." I said apologetically while fidgeting my fingers and also to break the silence between us. Yet, he didn't stop staring at me and my dirty mind is starting to imagine things that I shouldn't be.

"Hmmm." He hummed nodding still looking at me.

Little did Becky know is that the kind of "policy" is only for her. Of course it was Freen's idea to take his little revenge to the girl. Because to be honest, there is no such things like that in any other company.

"Actually, that is not the reason why I called you here ms. Armstrong." He added and I stared at him quizzically.

"Uhm.. for what reason did you call me here sir?" I asked very slowly.

"I heard about your father's health condition. And I want to offer you something in return of helping your father full medication until he recover." He said with a serious tone as he sat down on his swivel chair.

I hardly gulp before speaking. When it comes to my father's health I am willing to do anything in order for him to be healthy again, somehow. But as the time goes by, his life is also shorten. His body becomes very weak each passing day and taking medicine becomes useless.

I look straight into his eyes searching for uncertainty, but I found nothing. If he is really willing to help my father I would accept his offer too. No matter what he wanted from me in return.

"Uhm.. what will be the return sir?" I asked almost stuttering.

"I need a personal assistant 24/7. And you're the only choice I have in that kind of position." He said leaning his back on his chair.

"24/7?" I asked again. Because how am I supposed to do that if ever I accept his offer? Are we going to live on the same house? Like coupl...no no no.
I shooked my head on that thought. I am really over thinking. "Focus Becky!"

"Yes, 24/7. If you're thinking about your father he will be staying in the hospital or in your house, that is your choice. I can hired a personal nurse for him. And for his medication you don't have to worry about it. And of course you can still have your own salary if you accept my offer." He said.

"Does it mean I'm uh.. we.." I said stuttering without finishing my word as he cut me out.

"Yes, if you are thinking that we were going to live in one place. But, different room. I mean were just like neighbours."
He explained and I feel relaxed.

"I will give you three days to think about my offer ms. Armstrong, I would be glad if you will agree on it." He added and I nodded.