7. First Love

August 2016

Seb stomped back towards the Ferrari motorhome. He was pissed off. Sixth wasn't what he'd hoped for in the Belgian Grand Prix. It pretty much summed up his season though.  After a promising first season driving for Ferrari he'd had high hopes for 2016, hopes that had soon been extinguished.

In fact he was begin to question the decision he'd made to leave Red Bull.  After winning four world championships with the Austrian team he'd felt like taking on a new challenge, but some days he wished he'd never left them.

He walked through the hospitality area of the motorhome, nearly making it to the other side before he heard someone calling his name. 

He thought about pretending he hadn't heard Maurizio, the team principal, shouting him, but he knew that would be childish.  He could sulk all he wanted when he got back to the hotel.  While he was here he had to be a professional. 

He turned and looked around the room, quickly locating Maurizio.  He headed over. 

"Bad luck today Sebastian," the Italian said.  Seb just nodded. It hadn't been bad luck.  It had been the best he could do with the car they'd given him.

"I just wanted to introduce you to our new head of social media.  She'll officially be taking over the role from Monza onwards.  Sebastian, meet Nora Jacobs."

Seb looked at the woman stood to Maurizio's left and he almost forgot to breathe. She was beautiful! He held his hand out.

"Hi Nora, I'm Seb, how are you? Welcome to Ferrari."

She took his hand and shook it, smiling almost shyly at him.

"Hello Seb, I'm very well thank you."

Seb grinned at her. He wondered if she was single.  She was definitely his type, slender with shoulder length wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

For a moment he thought of the girl that had definitely not been his usual type. Poppy red hair, bright green eyes,  womanly curves.  Ella.   The one that got away.  Where was she now?  What was she doing with her life? It had been nine years...she'd be twenty five now. 

He quickly shifted his attention back to the beautiful blonde.

"Would you like to get a coffee?" he asked her.

"Don't you have to debrief?"

"I can spare ten minutes," he said, grinning at her.

"Don't be late!" Maurizio warned him.

Seb pulled out a chair at the table nearest him.  He then gestured to Nora to take the seat.  She thanked him and sat. 

"What can I get you?" he asked.

"I'll have a cappuccino please Seb," she replied.  Seb went up to the counter and ordered a cappuccino for Nora and a hot chocolate for himself.  He wasn't a fan of coffee. 

Within a minute he was putting the drinks down on the table and sitting down opposite Nora.

"So Nora, are you excited about working for Ferrari?"

"Of course.  Working in Formula 1 is something I've always wanted to do, and who better to work for than Ferrari?" At that moment Seb agreed with her.  Despite his on track struggles he had a feeling that his off track life at Ferrari was about to get a hell of a lot better.