Your Handshake Meeting My Father

This one's probably gonna be mostly Travis's POV so bare with me herreee plz and ty

•••••••
TRAVIS'S POV
••••••

Today's the day. Today I meet Taylor's parents. I don't think I've ever been more stressed than I am right now. Honestly, I just really want to impress her parents. God I'm scared.

"Hey Tay?!" I holler up the stairs.
"Hm. Yeah babe?" She replies.
"Can you come down here. I wanna talk to you for a minute. I can come to you too if you'd like!" I yell back up the stairs.
"Yeah babe. I'll be right there. Just gimme a minute. Alright!?" She yells back down to me.
"Alright hun." I say a bit quieter this time. About 1 minute later she comes down the stairs ready to head to her mother's house.

"Hey Babe? You wanted to talk to me?" She asks with a slightly concerned look in her face.
"Just... just what is your parents don't like me for whatever reason?" I ask genuinely terrified.
"Oh Babe..." she sighs. "It's gonna be ok alright? They're gonna love you just as much as I do. Mk?" She reassured me with pleasure.
"Do you really think so?" I ask with hope.
"Yeah. Of course I do." She reassured me. Well. You ready?" She sighs.
"I guess I kinda have be." I tell her.
"Hey. It'll be ok. Alright?" And almost right on cue, there's a knock at the door.
"You're gonna be ok." She assures with ease and a soothing sense. When Tay opens the door, I see a slightly older woman who seems surprisingly young to be the mother of a 34 year old goddess, a tall older man who I'm assuming is her dad, and a younger man who I'm really hoping is her brother. Or at least he better be.

"Ok, so. Trav this is my mom Andrea, my dad Scott and brother Austin." She happily introduced me to each one of them. As she said 'brother' I did get a small sense of relief to wash over me.
Hi, I'm Travis. I've heard a lot about each of you." I introduce myself look at each of them as I reach to shake each of their hands.
"Well it's great to meet you too Travis." Her dad introduces kindly.
"We've heard a lot about you!" Her mother greets with a wide smile across her face. As I go to shake Austin's hand, he gives me a death glare type looks.
"You hurt my sister and your done." He says warning me with what was pretty much a death threat.
"Don't worry. I could never." I reassure him. As I turn my head, I see Taylor giving Austin a 'what the the hell?' or a 'shut the fuck up!' look.
"Foods on the kitchen island you you guys are hungry by the way." She tells us and we all start to head over to where the food is.
"Damn Tay! This all looks amazing!" I hear Austin say to compliment Taylor. And he's not wrong, it really does.
"Thank you Aus." She Tanks his kindly with gratitude coding her voice.

•••••••
TAYLOR'S POV
•••••••

As we head into the dining room to eat our food, the questions start. The basic 'How'd you meet?' 'How long have you guys with together?' When suddenly my dad chimes up. This should be fun.

"So, how long have you been together?" Dad asks.
"Dad. Really? You literally told me you wouldn't do this!" I say slightly blushing while looking at him somewhat embarrassed.
"It's ok. I've been dating ur daughter for around 2 months now Mr. Swift." He informs my father with ease so perfect, you would think he'd said at least 2,190 times by now.
"Alright then," little did I know my dad was just about to ask the unimaginable think I wish no one would ask any one, "what are your intentions wo rig my daughter?@ he asks Travis, and I give him a 'bitch what the hell?!' look.
"Well I plan to make your daughter happy until the day I die. I promise with my entire being to never hurt her in any way, shape, or form. I really do love her with my whole heart and I wouldn't have it any other way. She's 100% perfect!" He gushes about me to my dad which is something no one's ever done before. But as he speaks, I feel a hand on my thigh and a deep blush creep onto my cheeks.
"Hey Teffy?" Austin gets my attention pulling me out of my own internal thoughts.
"Hm? Yeah Aus?" I reply.
"You ok over there. Your face is the color of a tomato!" He comments. Once he says this I just hide my face in Travis's shoulder out of embarrassment.
"Shut the hell up." I scold him.
"I'm your dreams." He retorts. As conversation flows, it seems perfect. Almost like he's been a part of our lives for years, when it's only been a couple months. Damn I'm lucky.