BLURB

He gazed up at the moon, its radiant glow illuminating the night sky; yet, still, it couldn't compare to the brilliance in his own eyes-something a voice from the past had once whispered. A pang of longing washed over him as he remembered the gentle tug at the hem of his shirt, the subtle reminder of connection and affection that had become all too rare. But now, in the stillness of the night, it dawned on him that he stood alone once more, the warmth of companionship replaced by an unsettling solitude.

Just twelve seconds. That's all he needed from him-twelve fleeting seconds to feel something real once more.

***

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief, his eyes locked onto Jimin. The brother he had always thought of as his protector, the one he believed loved him more than anyone else in the world, was the very same person who had orchestrated a marriage between him and the notorious playboy, Kim Taehyung.

"I can't accept that you've done this to me," Jungkook said, his voice trembling with hurt and confusion. "You sold me."

***

"I would never do this to you," Taehyung pleaded, his voice raw with desperation. His hand, trembling slightly, reached out to touch Jungkook's, but Jungkook flinched away, his eyes hardening.

"We aren't in a relationship, Taehyung," Jungkook said, his voice a cold, measured tone. "I'm forced to live with you. Your explanations mean nothing."

He turned to leave, but Taehyung's grip on his wrist was like a vice, a desperate plea for understanding. "Let go," Jungkook snarled, his voice tight with suppressed rage. "I don't want to hear it. I won't believe you."

The pain of Taehyung's grip was a minor sting compared to the searing betrayal that burned within him. Jungkook wrenched his wrist free, the force of his anger sending a ripple through the air. The office door slammed shut behind him, leaving Taehyung alone with his guilt and unanswered pleas.

***

At fourteen, Jungkook had first moved in with Taehyung. He idolized him; there was an undeniable magnetic pull that urged him toward Taehyung-a connection that transcended the ordinary bounds of brotherhood.

It was a bond forged from unspoken promises and unwavering affection. Yet, as the years passed, Jungkook's world had darkened. Pain, like a creeping vine, had wrapped itself around his heart, twisting him into a shell of his former self.

He'd learned the hard way that trust was a fragile thing, easily shattered. He'd been hurt, betrayed by those he'd loved most.

But had they truly betrayed him?

The doubt gnawed at him, a constant ache in the hollow space where his faith once resided. He couldn't escape the lingering question: had he been wrong to judge them so harshly, to let bitterness consume his heart?

Had he missed something? Was there another side to the story, a truth hidden in the shadows?

Perhaps-just perhaps-there was more to the story than he knew.

***

This was the tale of Kim Taehyung, a notorious playboy, icy and indifferent, and Jeon Jungkook, the one who steadfastly refused to believe in the sincerity of his affections. But what if the truth about their past-a truth hidden in the shadows-came to light? Would Jungkook finally see past the façade and embrace the love laid bare before him? Or would he dismiss Taehyung's heart once again, even in the face of revelations that could change everything?

In the tension of their history, love hung by a delicate thread, flanked by doubt and longing. It was a fragile dance, one that would force them both to confront their feelings, unearthing scars as well as hopes hidden beneath the surface. Ultimately, it would take more than a mere acknowledgment of the past; it would require a leap of vulnerability, immense courage, and the audacity to believe in love once more. Would they take that leap together, or would fear keep them apart forever?

+++

TBC...

MOONSEAN