Chapter 23

Sorry I haven't published in so long, I hope you enjoy the chapter

Word count: 1066

It was late at night, luna was holding her sword, facing a few training dummies. Her wounds were still healing but she couldn't sit still. Swinging her sword she followed steps Draven and Luke taught her. Easily hitting all the fatal points. Unknowingly to Luna, reyna was watching her. The girl was leaning against a tree, behind Luna. Suddenly Luna fell down, the wound in her leg aching. Stubbornly she got up, not letting an injured leg keep her down. "Care for an actual match?" Reyna asked her. Luna looked at reyna and nodded. "Sure, I won't go easy on you though."

Luna spun her sword, raising it in the air and looked at reyna. "Ready?" Reyna nodded, attacking Luna, who dodged with ease. Their swords clashed as Reyna blocked Luna's attack. "How long have you been here?" Luna asked, easily keeping up with Reyna's moves. "About two years now, I got here when I was eleven and a half. So care to tell me more about you?" Luna looked confused for a second as she dodged an attack. "What do you mean?" Reyna blocked an attack from Luna. "Well, you told the praetors a few things but I'm sure there's more to your story."

few hours earlier

Elizabeth Gilbert started. "So who are you?" "I'm luna, I was send here by lady Diana." Marcus nodded, a large crow, no not a crow, a raven landed on his throne, right above his head. "If she send you, why are you here?" "I've been traveling for a long time, I guess, she decided I needed a home for some time. I needed a place to relax and heal. She didn't tell me yet why I'm here, but I'm sure in the future I'll find out." The praetors nodded. "Now the rest of your story." Luna swallowed. "I had two brothers and two sisters, one brother died in an explosion, my sister, who was dating him, couldn't handle it and left. My other sister chose someone else above me because I wasn't good enough. My last brother, he left me as well. I was left alone, but Diana supported me." They all got quiet, all three of them being demigods meant they had heard such stories or lived them, but still, they were shocked that this twelve year old went through so much. "What is the story behind the gray streak in your hair?" Marcus asked, having wondered about it since he first saw luna. "It is a token of my battles, but if I'm being honest, I do not fully understand it myself." Luna said, looking at Marcus calmly. "Your first name is luna, what's your last?" Elizabeth asked. "I don't know, I never met my mortal parent." "Who's your godly parent?" Marcus asked. Luna got quiet not yet sure what to say until an answer came to her. "I joined Diana, and became her follower, with that I left my godly parent behind." Despite being suspicious they both nodded. "You may leave. Reyna, will you be so kind to show luna the place where she can sleep and get her a set of clothes?" Reyna nodded, quickly leaving, luna being left to run behind her.

The entire way towards wherever they were going Reyna was quiet. Luckily for Luna, who was a bit nervous from the loud silence, the cabins weren't a long walk. "You can sleep here." Reyna said pointing to an empty bottom bunk. Luna was able to easily tell the top bunk had been used. Despite it being perfectly made. "I'll get you some clothes." Reyna quickly walked away again while Luna looked around before sitting down. It was a large cabin but no one else appeared to be inside.

That wasn't true though, a boy with dirty blond hair and almost glass looking blue eyes was studying Luna. He seemed to be about fifteen years old, maybe a bit younger. "Who are you? And don't you know you shouldn't sit down in bed wearing dirty clothes?" The boy said. Luna smiled softly. "I'm Luna, who are you?" The boy ignored her and repeated. "Don't you know you shouldn't sit down in bed wearing dirty clothes?" "I have a little rule, don't tell me what to do before you tell me your name." Luna said, looking the weird and scrawny boy in his eyes. "I'm octavian, legacy of Apollo, you shouldn't sit in bed wearing dirty clothes." Luna looked at the guy annoyed. Sure he was two or three years older but she could beat his ass right? "Look, I was just on the verge of dying so I'm sorry that I'm breaking your rules, or better said, believes. Now could you leave me alone?" The boy was taken aback by her attitude, having probably expected to be treated with much more respect, especially by someone younger than him. "Legionair Octavian, you should leave the kid alone." Marcus said as he walked towards Luna, Reyna walking next to him. "I came to tell you welcome, and to give you this." He moved his and above Luna's and dropped a tablet in her hand with the words.

Probatio Luna cohort I

"I stepped forward to represent you, be proud of that fact because not many new campers are able to impress a praetor that easily." Marcus said. "But something told me I won't be regretting this." Octavian looked annoyed at Luna, disliking the fact she would be staying here longer. "Octavian let's go, you have a job to do. Reyna, give the girl her clothes and show her around if she wants a tour." Reyna nodded, smirking slightly as she saw Octavian pout behind the Praetor.

Luna took off her already ripped shirt. Her eyes lingered on a faint scar on her stomach. The one Luke had given her when he left Camp Half Blood. She put on the purple shirt and also changed jeans.

Present time

"There really isn't much more to my story if I'm being honest." Luna said, smiling sweetly as she disarmed Reyna and pointed her sword at her throat. "What is your story though?" She said, lowering the weapon. Before Reyna could say anything a blond boy with electric blue eyes came running towards them. "Hey Reyna." Reyna turned her head. "Hi Jason."