[Seven; Attention]

[Y/N]

I'm not even sure why I insisted on being near Kim Taehyung, not just in his house, but now at his workplace too. Maybe it's pure stubbornness, or maybe I've just had enough of being treated like some princess locked away in a tower. Or maybe I'm just tired, tired of the endless rejection letters that make me feel like a failure.

Being in his house, surrounded by nothing but luxury hasn't been the escape it was supposed to be. Instead, it's suffocating, reminding me every day that I'm powerless in this arrangement. So I demanded more. I needed to be out, to have a semblance of control, even if it meant being near him constantly.

He's right. Jobs should be earned based on merits. I know that. But I never claimed to be graceful, or to play by the rules everyone else seems to follow so easily. If this is the only way I can dull the sting of rejection, the endless reminders that I'm not good enough, then so be it.

Maybe that makes me reckless, but at this point, I'd rather be reckless than helpless.

I don't care what he says. I will make the best out of my miserable arrangement.

I might have gone insane the night I decided to marry this devil in disguise. But he left me no choice. It was either me or he plays with Ila's feelings. And if there's one thing I won't allow, it's letting him ruin her the way he's trying to ruin me.

Speaking of my sister, it's been over eight days since I've last seen or spoken to her. Every night, I leave countless messages, hoping for a response that never comes. I don't blame her. If I were in her place, I'd probably hate me too—hate seeing my face, hearing my voice. But it still hurts. When the only person who ever made you feel loved turns their back on you, it fucking hurts.

It didn't even sting this much when my father disowned me. His rejection felt inevitable, like something I'd been bracing for my whole life. But Ila's silence? It's unbearable.

Part of the reason I forced Taehyung to get me this job was for her, to see her again. After all, she works here now. Maybe, just maybe, if I'm close enough, I'll have a chance to fix things, to make her understand why I did what I did. But deep down, I know it's not that simple.

I step into the elevator with a deep breath. I had to take a cab because my asshole of a husband refused to drive me in his car,  even though we were headed to the same place.

Not that I was expecting any chivalry from him anyway. The man doesn't even pretend to play the part.

I exit the lift with confidence,  though a knot of nerves twists uncomfortably inside me. I try to shake it off, forcing my legs to keep moving. I head straight to Taehyung's office, just as he instructed. Apparently I need to sign some papers before I officially start.

How he got convinced to give me a position in this place is still beyond me. I bet he has ulterior motives, otherwise, when did he ever listen to me this easily?

I don't bother knocking, I barge in.

He lifts his gaze up, and my mood instantly soils when I see his face.

"Ever heard of the concept of knocking?" He so calmly speaks.

I roll my eyes, dropping into the seat opposite him without hesitation. "Ever heard of, oh, I don't care?" I snap back, crossing my legs as I settle in.

His jaw tightens ever so slightly, and I can tell I've already gotten under his skin. Good.

"Jungkook is arriving shortly. Until then, keep your mouth shut. I am busy."